Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: First trip to Castaic

Default First trip to Castaic

I just moved to LA and am taking my gf bass fishing to Castaic tomorrow morning. I am hoping to catch a few catch and release bass from the shore. I have fished bass tournaments for many years so just looking for a little help on bank fishing areas on the main lake or lagoon, baits, techniques and any general info to help us catch our first bass of 2015.
    Thank you!

Try some drop shot 4-6" roboworms in oxblood . Usually gets bit but you may have to cover some bank .6 lb test or less if you can

Default Fishing Castaic

Quote Originally Posted by BassinJeff View Post
    I just moved to LA and am taking my gf bass fishing to Castaic tomorrow morning. I am hoping to catch a few catch and release bass from the shore. I have fished bass tournaments for many years so just looking for a little help on bank fishing areas on the main lake or lagoon, baits, techniques and any general info to help us catch our first bass of 2015.
    Thank you!
    Go to pyramid instead. Castaic been really slow!

Thanks for the tip Guy with Bent Rod. We caught 3 largemouth Saturday morning from the bank. Dropshot and senko. My gf caught her first bass, she is hooked! My biggest was 2.9. Had to cover a bunch of bank to catch the three but we only fished for 3 or 3 1/2 hrs.

Plan to go back soon. What about the lagoon, can it be as good as the upper lake from bank?

Ela, so Pyramid is on my list and it sounds like I need to visit soon. Are there places to fish from the bank? I sold my Ranger when I moved to California and am struggling some to find bank fishing friendly bass lakes.

Everyone, any recommendations on bass clubs that will take non-boaters? I'm in Lawndale. Thanks!

Pyramid is tough from shore. Limited to the marina area. Rent a boat and hit browser, bear trap, yellow bar. Castaic lagoon gets a lot of pressure but produces nice fish. Hit it early late.
    Good luck and post your results.

Default Pyramid

Quote Originally Posted by BassinJeff View Post
    Thanks for the tip Guy with Bent Rod. We caught 3 largemouth Saturday morning from the bank. Dropshot and senko. My gf caught her first bass, she is hooked! My biggest was 2.9. Had to cover a bunch of bank to catch the three but we only fished for 3 or 3 1/2 hrs.

Plan to go back soon. What about the lagoon, can it be as good as the upper lake from bank?

Ela, so Pyramid is on my list and it sounds like I need to visit soon. Are there places to fish from the bank? I sold my Ranger when I moved to California and am struggling some to find bank fishing friendly bass lakes.

Everyone, any recommendations on bass clubs that will take non-boaters? I'm in Lawndale. Thanks!
    There is really good shore fishing at pyramid. Let us know how you do.