Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Stocker Die Off At HB Park - No Temp. Or DO Readings??

Default Stocker Die Off At HB Park - No Temp. Or DO Readings??

Bunch of fish up shallow dieing. They stocked yesterday. Either water too warm or no oxygen deeper.
    Should the DFG be sticking the water for temp and DO before dumping a few hundred bucks in?

Is there a way to let DFG know this to maybe skip the stock in the future?

Stink
    County Parks and Rec. Depts. buy the fish from whatever hatcheries have the fish available to sell, some are coming all the way from Nebraska or even further away.
    The County Parks Dept. should stipulate, before stocking, that water testing should be done to ensure the lives of such fish, but most county employees don't know what should be done to ensure the livelihood of such fish.
    And the hatchery drivers could care less since the fish are already paid for. They just dump and run. There was a similar problem at Apollo Park in Lancaster about a month ago and they treated the water with chemicals so it was safe for
    the upcoming derby which was March 7th. Most trout planted at Apollo are from Lassen Hatchery and I'm sure the cost of delivery was high.
    If I were you I'd talk to a County Park employee in their office so they don't waste money and fish in the future.
    TTFM