Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: CURADO 300ej VS. LEXA 300

Default CURADO 300ej VS. LEXA 300

Need to buy a reel not sure what to get im going to use it mostly to surf fishing
    need you your feedback please.
    Thanks for all your help !!
    CURADO 300ej VS. LEXA 300

I personally have a lexa 300 and I love it. I am fishing a bait that's a quarter ounce and it launches it. Far. Im fishing 40 pound braid. The reel never fails me, the drag is great, and the retrieve is very smooth.

Thank you I will try both

Well I can tell you this: I own 12 curado 50e's 5 stradic CI4 2500's and a calcutta 300TE. I am well versed with Shimanos and I was about to buy a Curado 300EJ for a light swimbait setup....I bought a Lexa 300 HSP.

Thanks i did get the Shimano 300 ej will test it this weekend,hope will not be disappointed.

I got the Lexa 300 HSP-L & I got tunas on them. I just got it serviced months later & they saw nothing wrong with it.

Thanks I did get the shimano but my next reel will be lexa for sure but most likely 400 for tuna

Quote Originally Posted by TROUT MASTERS View Post
    Thanks I did get the shimano but my next reel will be lexa for sure but most likely 400 for tuna
    I should have done that haha

You can always use the lexa 300 for surf and lake fishing,perfect reel.
    But the 400 its for big boys u dont want to get hooked with 40-50 ponder with the 300.

Quote Originally Posted by TROUT MASTERS View Post
    You can always use the lexa 300 for surf and lake fishing,perfect reel.
    But the 400 its for big boys u dont want to get hooked with 40-50 ponder with the 300.
    I only use it for small tunas & yellowtails after I got a few on my heavy gear.