Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: No fishing for one full year!

Default No fishing for one full year!

Got nailed fishing a creek that I couldn't see the no fishing signs on because moss was growing over them way up in a tree. Was trying to get the landlord's son out on a couple fish. My gf offered to buy me a new license this year for valentines day, but I declined and said I only wanted her company, and no monetary gift could be equal or satisfying. So I also got nailed without a fishing license in this "closed creek".

Got out a ticket for no license and fishing a closed stream I didn't know was closed. No fishing for one year. Totally out of character for me, damnit!

Quote Originally Posted by tacklejunkie View Post
    Got nailed fishing a creek that I couldn't see the no fishing signs on because moss was growing over them way up in a tree. Was trying to get the landlord's son out on a couple fish. My gf offered to buy me a new license this year for valentines day, but I declined and said I only wanted her company, and no monetary gift could be equal or satisfying. So I also got nailed without a fishing license in this "closed creek".

Got out a ticket for no license and fishing a closed stream I didn't know was closed. No fishing for one year. Totally out of character for me, damnit!
    Whoa, that sucks. You shoulda taken her offer, then bought one for her, back. Take her fishing with you and talk to her on the rive gauche (not sure of that spelling, will check it later), it's easier to talk to em reeling in a fish than to talk to em while teachin' em how to ski the bunny slopes! Frustration levels are at the opposite ends of the spectrum.

Wow, what a bummer. You always have private pay lakes like Irvine where no license is required. No license also required on public piers and jetties with water on both sides. Mexico trips is a option too.
    You can still fish. Redondo break wall, Cabrillo and so many more up and down the coast. DR
    Last edited by DockRat; 03-10-2015 at 08:09 AM.

Clues that this may not have happened in Southern California:

1) moss-covered signs
    2) game wardens checking for licenses
    3) streams with actual water in them

I know a good lawyer....

Hard to feel sorry for a fisherman with 7,000+ posts on a fishing forum who gets a ticket for fishing without a license on a creek that is closed to fishing. See you next year.

I'm not sure how to respond. Never would I drop a line in the water without a license, would never fish with anybody that I knew didn't have a license. I was understanding about the closed creek, lost me at no license.

Guess that won't happen again.

You got off easy they should have taken your gear and put you to work on restoring the sign and community service.

Quote Originally Posted by shinbob View Post

1) moss-covered signs

This is f-ing hilarious!!! LOLOLOLOL!!!

Quote Originally Posted by shinbob View Post

1) moss-covered signs

You are correct, kind sir, this is Oregon ;)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast