Trip Reprt, Native Sun:
Fished Sunday 3-8 with a bunch of nice folks. Caught rock cod till about 1:30PM and the current started moving real fast. I ended up with a 1 pound sinker to keep from being tangled with the other guy's. The fish were up to about 3 pound and 1 Lingcod was caught it was a keeper. I kept 5 fish.
After 1:30 PM the captain started looking and trying to catch yellowtail. We did have one hookup that broak off close to the boat by Tony, and he lost his favoite jig. BOO! The captain did find more tails but we did not hook or land any.
The 3/4 day outting was way longer than a 3/4 day. We left the dock at about 7 then got bait at the barg and we were fishing at about 7:40 AM. We never got back to the dock untill about 6:45 or latter. There was a bunch of happy customers on this outing on th Native Sun. Worth the money, clean comfortable boat, lots of room and great Captain and crew. I will fish the Native Sun again.
I had a seal take my 2 best rock fish and my complete droper loop and about spool me before it broke me off. The 2 fish were big enough that the seal had to chew them in half before it could eat and swallow them. I am still pissed off at that seal, A**H***!
Any way that was my Sunday outing and another fun adventure. I enjoyed the guys on the boat we all had a good time.
TL's
jig-guy / Bill