Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Big Bass caught at Irvine Lake

Quote Originally Posted by etucker1959 View Post
    So you are being critical!!!! Since the picture was posted by Vine Assist and not by the Angler who actually caught the fish. Your statement will probably never be seen by the lucky angler. Unless you provided a link in your initial statement about how a DD should be held. You appeared to be critical for the sake of being critical!!!
    Actually boomstikit is right. A fish that size should never be held by the jaw hanging downward. It is not so much about the jaw itself but about the fishes organs. The fishes organs were never supposed to be in this position or being affected by gravity. ESPECIALLY in a large spawning female!!! The guide should be well aware of this and ask his client to cradle the fish and not hang it downward.

Here is a link to the article I mentioned earlier.

http://www.majorleaguefishing.com/ne....aspx?id=14223

Quote Originally Posted by fshnritchey View Post
    Actually boomstikit is right. A fish that size should never be held by the jaw hanging downward. It is not so much about the jaw itself but about the fishes organs. The fishes organs were never supposed to be in this position or being affected by gravity. ESPECIALLY in a large spawning female!!! The guide should be well aware of this and ask his client to cradle the fish and not hang it downward.
    That's good to know, so I take it the #15 lbs Bass we see every time we boot up FNN is improperly handled also??????

not that i catch big ones like this but good to know!!! thanks for the info and nice fatty!

Tony G

Good post. Everyone should be aware of this. Preserve our pigs!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123