Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: got the new yak!!! native slayer propel 10!!!!

Default got the new yak!!! native slayer propel 10!!!!

this thing is nice... what do you think hitting up newport on saturday for some fun!!!

Welcome to the addiction and now it's time to add all the toys.

Nice! You'll become bored of the harbor soon enough, trust me. Eventually the kelp line will be on your places to fish.

Quote Originally Posted by Ifishtoolittle View Post
    Nice! You'll become bored of the harbor soon enough, trust me. Eventually the kelp line will be on your places to fish.
    Ain't that the truth. La Jolla has become my best friend. I mean when u can catch a yellowtail from a kayak, why not? No rush though. Get her dialed in, get comfortable, and the go for it. I will say this, flip your yak bare bones and learn re-entry. Will go a long ways. Hopefully you never have to use what u learn. Next, leash everything u want to see another day. I learned this the hard way. ENJOY and I look forward to getting out there with you!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ifishtoolittle View Post

I already want to go out to some.. once i get more comfortable in it i will be hitting you guy up to take me out there lol!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillyak View Post
    Ain't that the truth. La Jolla has become my best friend. I mean when u can catch a yellowtail from a kayak, why not? No rush though. Get her dialed in, get comfortable, and the go for it. I will say this, flip your yak bare bones and learn re-entry. Will go a long ways. Hopefully you never have to use what u learn. Next, leash everything u want to see another day. I learned this the hard way. ENJOY and I look forward to getting out there with you!!
    i tried to flip her in Newport i was amazed how hard it is to flip. it made me really feel comfortable in the yak. I could not imagine a yellow tail form a yak that would be awesome.. getting out of the bays.. lol

Believe it or not, I have found our bays in San diego, both mission bay and SD bay to be much more troublesome and dangerous. Bays are fun, but LJ is the bees knees!!

Oh I have yet to make one of those LJ like kelpline trips since my yak is ticking time bomb. If I flip in mine it'd be a real hassle to get everything back in and empty the water out. I'm saving up for a Malibu Stealth 12 for the time being. Once I get that I'd be up for a NPH kelp trip.

I fish from Hobies and love it.

Being able to back up has got to be a plus!

Nice yak, where did you purchase it? If don't mind me asking how much out the door.

Quote Originally Posted by basschaser1 View Post
    Nice yak, where did you purchase it? If don't mind me asking how much out the door.
    ack is were i bought the slayer propel 10. with all the accessories and paddle, life jacket, anchor trolley, anchor kit, scotty rod holder, and the new track system stuff. and propel maintenance kit it was almost $2400

i would recommend buying from a local dealer because in shipping my yak did get a dent/ blemish i took a pic and sent it to ack and they gave me $75 refund but still that is not much on a $2500 purchase. the dent does nothing to the yak it is just cosmetic. but still if i could have found a dealer out here i could look it over before i paid for it. kinda like a new car buy... plus most dealers will let you test the yak you want to buy which is also a plus.
    Last edited by benichi; 03-11-2015 at 07:37 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast