Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Headed to Puddingstone 3/5/15

Default Headed to Puddingstone 3/5/15

Headed out to Puddingstone tomorrow morning for the first time. Any tips one where to head to catch some buckets? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Still looking for my first bass of the year :)

jig'n (matt)

Quote Originally Posted by jig'n View Post
    Headed out to Puddingstone tomorrow morning for the first time. Any tips one where to head to catch some buckets? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Still looking for my first bass of the year :)

jig'n (matt)
    Let us know how you do

Try sailboat cove or the side opposite the swimbeach on the west side of the lake.
    can't speak for which baits to use since I don't know what the water conditions are like there at the moment.
    stable high pressure may keep em down, but they are definitely starting to chase.
    Toss your reaction baits and see what happens!

Spinnerbaits and jerkbaits working pretty good...i have alot of luck with an ika this time of year too

Fished the east shore. No bites and no fish. Attempted drop shop, but way to much rock and was constantly breaking off. Threw a spinnerbait most of the day. No Success.

Asked a few people and no one was catching. maybe need a week or two of this warmer weather to drive em shallow.

jig'n (matt)

Lake is tough...especially last 2 years