Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Mojave Desert Husky Memorial.

Default Mojave Desert Husky Memorial.

Ever been to this place you might need a dirt bike or a 4x4 to get there. The place is so cool, it dedicated fallen dirt bike riders. Worth a visit and been there many times.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN1679.jpg 
Views:	154 
Size:	83.4 KB 
ID:	45888Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1988.jpg 
Views:	183 
Size:	94.5 KB 
ID:	45889

Isn't that the one they dedicated to Kurt Casseli? RIP. That guy was one of the fastest guys on two wheels. Hopefully my bike doesn't end up concreted in the ground. But if it does at least I'll have my death on video, he he he...

Last edited by Skyler; 03-09-2015 at 02:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyler View Post
    Isn't that the one they dedicated to Kurt Casseli? RIP. That guy was one of the fastest guys on two wheels. Hopefully my bike doesn't end up concreted in the ground. But if it does at least I'll have my death on video, he he...

http://youtu.be/t880k5vFTd0
    No, this predates Casselli's death. The memorial was started by district 37 rider Jim Erickson's family and friends after his death in 1987. Man Casselli's death was a punch in the gut, just like Danny Hammel's. Both died racing Baja. And both were the fastest on the planet at the time of their tragic and untimely deaths.

I've been to this memorial a few times OPF, absolutely loved riding out in the high desert. My favs were Jawbone canyon and Dove Springs (Red Rock canyon) OHVA. From Dove Springs we used to ride up to a cabin way up in Sequoia National Forest among other destination rides including the old Borax mines. Good times for sure...

Quote Originally Posted by HawgZWylde View Post
    No, this predates Casselli's death. The memorial was started by district 37 rider Jim Erickson's family and friends after his death in 1987. Man Casselli's death was a punch in the gut, just like Danny Hammel's. Both died racing Baja. And both were the fastest on the planet at the time of their tragic and untimely deaths.

I've been to this memorial a few times OPF, absolutely loved riding out in the high desert. My favs were Jawbone canyon and Dove Springs (Red Rock canyon) OHVA. From Dove Springs we used to ride up to a cabin way up in Sequoia National Forest among other destination rides including the old Borax mines. Good times for sure...
    Hawg this is a photo of me sitting on the bike in the late 80's or so. We were out four wheelin in the jeep and seen it on the side of the road. It was cemented in the ground with a marked stone with Jim Erickson's name on it, it was the only bike there wow. Went back a few years latter to see if it was still there and seen this.....Cool and it keeps on getting bigger.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TT1_0935.jpg 
Views:	133 
Size:	89.2 KB 
ID:	45902Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hide out 051.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	98.9 KB 
ID:	45903