Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: 14' western with 15hp 4 stroke mercury

Default 14' western with 15hp 4 stroke mercury

After much debate, I am finally ready to sell this little skiff. Boat is located in El Monte, CA. Looking to get $2700obo. Feel free to call or text me at 6265127043.

I want to be up front and transparent as possible, so let's start with the "not so good":
    1) Has a small leak on one of the transom bolt. Reinstalling with 3m 4200 will do the job.
    2) Transom bait pump is toasted.
    3) Port side compartment latch has a crack in the middle.
    4) Some surface rust on the following trailer component: jack, bunk hardware and leaf spring.
    5) Motor cowling has some oxidation, a little buffing might work wonders though.

Now on to the rest of the boat!

Hull
    A 1986 hull that I believe has been stored all it's life up until the last couple of years. Very stable and a lot of room for a 14 footer. Fished three on it many times on the outside of the wall in not so ideal conditions without a problem. Rigged with a small bait tank, total of 11 rod holders, two foldable/removable seats and 3 storage compartments (one for the battery and fuse block and other two for your needs). Has those restaurant kitchen mat that works pretty good.

Motor
    2004 Mercury 15hp 4 stroke motor. Very reliable, simple and efficient motor. Impeller, lower unit oil, motor oil and inline fuel filter was changed last mid season. Comes with a 3 gallon fuel tank, would still have some fuel left after a 30ish mile trip.

Electronics/Accessories
    Will come with a Minn Kota Riptide transom mount 40# TM and cheap hummingbird ff. Both nav and stern light works as well as the bilge pump. All electronic beside the TM and motor is wired through the fuse block.

Trailer
    1993 Pacific galvanized trailer in great condition. No rust besides what was mention above. Bearing seems to be good as there is not excessive heat after towing or signs of damage seals. I would recommended whoever buys it to remove them, clean, inspect and repack them as I have not done so during this season. Quick and easy insurance! All lights are functional including side markers and license plate light. Trailer also has permanent tags.

I might be missing a few other things, but with that said. The boat is solid and ready to fish! I will work on getting some more pictures this weekend if weather permits.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	157 
Size:	74.9 KB 
ID:	45887