Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: just saw corona lake on the news

Default just saw corona lake on the news

wow that lake is drying up fast sad to see it hopfully some more rain comes things did not sound good

i saw that on the news too..didn't sound too promising..that's too bad

I drove by it today heading down the 15 frwy. It's a mud puddle. It's not open is it?

Quote Originally Posted by HawgZWylde View Post
    .... It's not open is it?
    They have been planting trout and open on Friday, Saturday and Sunday for shoreline only. Dynamite little fishing lake, sure wish we would get some rain and fill it up at least some.

Corona is likely less than 12 feet at its deepest point. Season rainfall totals in immediate area are less than 5 inches. My fears are that this place will close or completely dry up in the not too distant future. I hope the lake survives the current drought.

Looks like I will need to find another place to catch trout then.

Just posted from SARL

NOTICE:

Corona Lake will be TEMPORARILY Closed after Sunday March 15th at 4pm – Due to Low Water.

We have determined that it is no longer possible to safely stock trout into the shallow warming water of the lake. As such, we are forced to temporarily suspend full time operations until the lake receives more water and is safe to stock fish again.

We plan on having several “Special Event” fishing and camping events for the public during this time, but we will not be open on a regular basis. The information about these “Special Events” will published on our website www.fishinglakes.com and our Facebook page when we are ready to announce the details.

The GOOD NEWS is we will be stocking EVEN MORE trout at Santa Ana River Lakes.

Thank you for your continued support and please help us pray for rain!!