Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Yellowtail are licking on the Southern CA Half-Day Boat out of Pierpoint landing

1. Default

going tomorrow with my wife and my buddy.

cant wait

will try and get some photos going on

Quote Originally Posted by CrouchingNinjaHiddenFish View Post
    going tomorrow with my wife and my buddy.

cant wait

will try and get some photos going on
    Good luck and when you hear the captain say scoop scoop scoop be ready!!!!!!

3. Default

thanks! and will do haha

The southern cal was down on Wed so i jumped onto the native sun. Best half day boat i;ve been on. We left at 10am and came back at 5:30pm, $30 a person. The captain limited us out on BIG reds ( 3 pound average) and then went on yellow search. He refused to give up and kept looking which was why we came back an hour and half past 4pm. I didn't get lucky on the yellow, but there are some big boys out there!

The dropper loop out fished the irons.

etucker1959, thanks for your cool report.
    also!
    flyhigh123, thanks for your report also.
    I am glad you both got bit and had a good time.

I will be out there Sunday, but not sure what boat I will end up on yet.
    Tight Line All
    jig-guy / Bill

what a good report-almost like I was there.even put on my rain gear in the middle of my living room.thanx again very exciting.

Quote Originally Posted by Jig-Guy View Post
    etucker1959, thanks for your cool report.
    also!
    flyhigh123, thanks for your report also.
    I am glad you both got bit and had a good time.

I will be out there Sunday, but not sure what boat I will end up on yet.
    Tight Line All
    jig-guy / Bill
    The Southern Ca is very good, so is the Native Sun. Check out Marina Del Rey sportfishing, they got 15 Yellowtail yesterday on the 3/4 day boat after they limited out on the rockfish. A sleeper pick for a half-day tomorrow is the Mr. C out of Long Beach sportfishing. He is doing his first run today, I'll check his count tonight, if it's good I might go tomorrow. Nobody knows this guy exist yet, so you might be able to beat the crowd even on a weekend!!!!
    Last edited by etucker1959; 03-07-2015 at 09:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by trollmiester View Post
    what a good report-almost like I was there.even put on my rain gear in the middle of my living room.thanx again very exciting.
    Thanks Trolly coming form you that's a great compliment. I know what a diehard fishermen you are and how friendly you can be. I can't remember the last time I went to the Vine and I didn't see you. lol

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12