Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 21 of 30 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Lumber Liquidators Laminate Flooring - Do you own any?

Quote Originally Posted by DEVOREFLYER View Post
    I use "Snap Caps". Muscle memory and instinctive shooting skills are priceless when the time comes to need it.

True dat, but not while you're dry firing at "Alien" on the flat screen...

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Quagga View Post
    DS, I warned you about using those laminate planks to grill your trout....

did ya warn him about using dem laminate pieces of wood in his net tah capture his TROUT... ???

or dat udder reason??

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	34928251.jpg 
Views:	579 
Size:	41.3 KB 
ID:	49117

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    You can call it a $20 soup ladle if it helps your daddy issues go away.

What I'm loving is how lately, you're including excuses on why you're up posting at 4 am.

"I'm going to SD on an overnight."

"I'm up cuz I'm going to SARL."

"No, i'm NOT up buying Meth!"

"Please believe me!"

Quote Originally Posted by hookdfisherman View Post
    You and me buddy, I know the issues we face... we all know your nightmare Is more real than mine...

You just fantasize mine, but gotta live yours... you even posted up pics.... big mistake when you're gonna try to brag about it and you got me as your nemesis. ..

So many things you don't have going for you...

Be proud anyways...

hey goog, u can read this one... no tricky trick at da end...

sucka!

SCIENCE & RESEARCH
    Study links formaldehyde to protein damage

U. researcher discovers potential explanation for formaldehyde’s neurotoxic effects in co-led study

By KAYLI WREN
    CONTRIBUTING WRITER
    Thursday, October 6, 2016

SAM BERUBE
    / HERALD
    Anatoly Zhitkovich, professor of pathology and laboratory medicine, co-authored a study on the newfound harmful effects of formaldehyde.

Formaldehyde, a known toxicant and carcinogen, is more harmful than previously believed, according to a study co-authored by Anatoly Zhitkovich, professor of pathology and laboratory medicine at the Warren Alpert Medical School. The study, published Sept. 14 in the American Journal of Pathology, suggests that formaldehyde damages proteins as well as DNA, a finding that has serious implications for human health.

The study was originally designed to explore how formaldehyde damages DNA because formaldehyde has long been known to cause cell damage, DNA damage and cancer. But during the study, “coincidental findings” led the authors to believe that formaldehyde harms cells in a second way by significantly damaging proteins, wrote Caitlin McCarthy, a co-author of the study, in an email to The Herald.

The findings were “exciting,” McCarthy wrote, because this is the first study to show formaldehyde’s effects on proteins.

When the researchers were studying the effects of formaldehyde on DNA, they noticed that the levels of an anticancer protein, p53, unexpectedly began to decrease as the doses of formeldahyde increased. This suggested that formaldehyde was somehow preventing the anticancer protein from protecting the cell properly, and that was the first sign of possible protein damage, Zhitkovich said.

The researchers evaluated the severity of the protein damage by examining how many proteins the cell kills because the proteins could not be repaired, Zhitkovich said. The study found that there were “massive amounts” of polyubiquitination, or an extremely large build-up of damaged proteins that had been marked for destruction, he added.

The study showed that formaldehyde acts as a “heat shock mimic.” It triggers the same biological response as heat and causes the proteins to misfold and mutate. The results “open a window in some previously unrecognized form of injury to cells,” Zhitkovich said.

The study is “significant because it has direct links to human health and well-being,” McCarthy wrote. “People can suffer occupational exposure to formaldehyde, and it is used in many manufactured products.”

His team thinks the data provides an explanation for the neurotoxic effects of formaldehyde, Zhitkovich added. High doses of formaldehyde have been known to cause Parkinson’s disease, eyesight damage and other diseases that stem from nerve damage, but the reason was unknown. The study’s results suggest that the formaldehyde-caused injury to proteins engenders the neurotoxic effects.

“Accumulation of large volumes of protein damage is one of the trademarks of many neurodegenerative diseases,” McCarthy wrote.

A relevant question now is whether the formaldehyde that humans naturally produce could have harmful long-term effects, Zhitkovich said. It is possible that this internal source of formaldehyde would significantly damage DNA and proteins, which would contribute to age-related health problems as cells age and unrepaired damages accumulate over a lifetime, he added.

This study should influence people to “minimize their exposure” to formaldehyde, McCarthy wrote. But the chemical is used in many common items such as new carpets, paints, household and cosmetic products and new mobile home building materials, according to the researchers. The study might lead to “new regulations that limit the use of formaldehyde in these products,” wrote Sara Ortega-Atienza, lead author of the study, in an email to The Herald.

It can be “scary” to consider the significant effects of formaldehyde from cigarette smoke, indoor offices and especially in occupational settings, Zhitkovich said. People who smoke cigarettes or are professionally exposed to formaldehyde, such as embalmers, are at a significantly higher risk for cancer, he added.

People who are professionally exposed to formaldehyde should be careful to use their companies’ protective equipment properly, McCarthy wrote. “Industries that use formaldehyde in their manufacturing should considering switching to less harmful alternatives,” McCarthy added.

Last edited by hookdfisherman; 10-10-2016 at 08:06 PM. Reason: i needed to add dah appropriate spacing... lol

no need to wait there d umb s... (i am here for ya lol!)

for wood products... you already bought high...

selling low?

it'd have to be real low...

can't see anyone with a keen eye paying anything but low-ball prices for your wood... (except goo gaga, she's a low-baller type but she'd pay, yup... she'd surely pay!...)

maybe if your monogram looked like this...

Attachment 48412

you'd get a good price.

BUT...

yours looks like this...

Attachment 48414

sadly... your letters are of lesser care and craftsmanship... i keep suggesting you take it back and use my references as cannon fodder... you know it can't hurt!

buying and selling? are you thinking of selling your detritus wood to buy Formaldehyde Laden Wood?

don't do it... you love your net

buy stocks only when you love it, i suggest you ALWAYS use your emotions whenever you make any purchase (that's how you got that bad-as's dream catcher in the first place, dood!)

for the "We need some fiscal advice here... are "we" talking about pulling another train?

oh my bad, i misread that... as "physical advice"... and we as a three(some) know we got that down... ain't that right mahchubbydyQue?!

thanks for the double teaming antics... must be getting boring playing "hide n go seek the net" without me...

one last thing... do ya think more about me or daquagagas when you're netting your aguabonitas in the sierra montanas?

check it, that last picture of the now infamous net (below)... it starts out bad and thus ends up worse... pobrecita!

(tell ya what, why don't you two ignore me... so i can ignore you... or maybe your net guy can make a peace pipe and we can smoke some mota or peyote and makeum peace?) no more late night (or is that early morning?) menage a trois... what say you? boneheads...

Oh, definitely you, Hookd. We all read your posts while sitting around the campfire and debate whether you're the poster boy for birth control, or you're a walking Don't Do Drugs billboard.

Now give us the latest stock quote on Lumber Liquidators and your analysis and go back to hitting your pipe.

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/800...922/pzoMF1.jpg

aaayyyyeee d umb s

i think about you anytime i see something about a net, paying too much, paying too little, getting boned in a deal...

like this for example...

Name:	14495495_1467946819888313_3235380506463466470_n.jpg 
Views:	564 
Size:	48.9 KB 
ID:	49119

i'm still tryin to finger out if you paid a lot for your POS or a little...

care to quell that little discrepancy of knowledge?

oh wait, am i thinking of flooring or nets?

sheee... wait a minute... gotta spark up a bowl...

Name:	1415919142730_wps_1_SHOCKING_moment_a_man_smo.jpg 
Views:	517 
Size:	46.6 KB 
ID:	49120

is it passed midnight?

ok, i'm good....
    yea, much betta

so, where were we?

formaldehyde flooring = cheap price

high price + poo poo net initials = $450,000

cheap price + poo poo net initials = $150

whadya pay dood?

a buck fitty?

1 dolla fitty?

four hundred doola fitty?

400 fitty thousand?

4fitty?

what a pity... at any price...

how's the ol' campfire stories doing? you whippin' out the dream catcher and bragging?

or ya bowing your headin shame??

it's ok dood, you can talk to us... we care...

well, some of us do...

LOL

oh here's the udder wood story for da nite... so ya don't get mad and call me out for not staying on topic....

Lumber Liquidators Holdings, Inc. (LL)

18.83-0.61 (-3.14%)

At close: October 11 4:02 PM EDT

I'll post LL news when I find some... it's down slightly. Nothing to worry about.

However...

there is some concern over this:

this was recently brought to the surface by the "crazy/insane" terminology used to show "concern" (or the lack thereof) for the hook'dfisherman boo hoo, whoa is me...

you would think that someone whose profession it is to help people, should adhere to some sort of ethical standards for the benefit of those he/she is trying to help. Specifically that the professional's patients would come first and that one would behave in a manner that looks out for the best interest of the ill.

Professionalism in that field should mandate that the patient be treated with the full respect that one would wish for themselves or a family member in need of aid.

Shouldn't some sort of human dignity and human rights standard be considered? How about compassion during that period of care? If such characteristics are not considered or given, is one really providing the best care to the patient(s)?

More importantly, shouldn't a fellow caregiver/doctor report such behavior when top professional care and respect to the patient is not given? Who can stand by and witness/overhear (through self incrimination) such actions and not report such horrible and disrespectful acts?

Isn't there a law that requires one to report behavior that does not have the patient's best interests at heart?

Are there no governmental agencies to investigate any violations that are reported for the sake of the ill... mental, physical or meth/wooden net addictions?

the only thing I can suggest is if you get a caregiver/doctor that fly fishes wearing 17 extra large waders...RUN!

if necessary, motor that wheelchair out the front door as fast as you can!

or you'll be sorry!

Lumber Liquidators - Takeover Rumors Seem Unsubstantiated

Oct. 14, 2016 11:48 AM ET About: Lumber Liquidators Holdings, Inc.

Lumber Liquidators has been involved in various takeover rumors in the past, none of which have amounted to anything.

The most recent rumors about a $30 bid seem unlikely given that Lumber Liquidators still has the multidistrict litigation to resolve.

As well, Lumber Liquidators would need around a 15% to 20% increase in sales to be worth $30.

It is unlikely that a potential acquirer would pay such a premium price for a brand that is still recovering from significant damage.

Lumber Liquidators' current price appears more justifiable, although that requires the litigation to be resolved with minimal financial consequences.

Hey Miguel

Do you think it ok to talk about "effing patients" being crazy in that manner and context? Does it worry you that you could get reported?

There are a ton of people that have been reading this here rebound [aka this here "board"] and you could be in a lot of trouble, no? I mean if a concerned person felt you might not truly have another's well being as top priority. ..

I'm kinda worried about such a derogatory statement from you. I know some who might also be concerned. It seems like such a cruel and mean spirited thing to say.

I mean picking on my meth habit is mean enough [ssssssucks a hit] but I can take the shot from ju...

It's bad when you speak of "any patient" in such a way.

I worry about people who are unable to handle some life issues <ssssssssucks another big hit> and then being taken advantage of... does anyone else feel this way?

I mean being taken advantage of when making a purchase... such as laminated woods in any form...
    I find it cruel of that particular seller to take such liberties. ..

That's why I post the information... I CARE ABOUT PEOPLE! and I am looking out for the weak, downtrodden, those who can't or are unwilling to help themselves...

Miguel,

What does that Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2016-09-13-04-19-22.jpg 
Views:	395 
Size:	15.8 KB 
ID:	49124 stand for?

You know, for the downtrodden?

ID:	49124

Wood you care to divulge that? For the downtrodden?

ID:	49124

Juss n case someone might be corn cerned about someone's effing patients who are being called crazy on a public forum?

Who might need a little better care and understanding?

From a professional. .. in the business of caring for others... is that right?

Just a thought...

Miguel G. Lechuga? Nahhh!

No woody, someone is bound to know...

And be willing to help the less able...

Last edited by hookdfisherman; 01-02-2017 at 11:44 PM.

No ish huh?

I thought my patients were effin crazy.

This dude takes the cake.

cold cold-hearted bass tart

why miguel

w

h

y?

GET YOURSELVES READY!!

V
    u
    V
    a
    L
    a

!

VVVVVV

VVVV

VV

V

it's a coming!

LOL

Lumber Liquidators To Report Third Quarter 2016 Results On October 31, 2016

TOANO, Va., Oct. 18, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Lumber Liquidators (), the largest specialty retailer of hardwood flooring in North America, today announced that it intends to release third quarter 2016 results on Monday, October 31, 2016.

Who can't love this...?

Dishman Law Office Announces the Settlements of the Lumber Liquidators Securities and Derivative Cases

October 21, 2016

BOSTON--(BUSINESS WIRE)--

Dishman Law Office announces the settlements in the securities and derivative cases filed in the Eastern District of Virginia against Lumber Liquidators Holdings, Inc. (“Lumber Liquidators” or “the Company”), founder, Thomas Sullivan and its directors and officers have been granted preliminary approval. The final settlement fairness hearings are scheduled for November 17, 2016 to determine whether the proposed settlements are fair, reasonable and adequate and whether negotiated attorneys’ fees should be approved by the Court.

Persons who purchased or acquired Lumber Liquidators stock between February 22, 2012, and February 27, 2015 are settlement class members in the securities action. If the settlement is approved, after attorneys’ fees sought in the amount of $6.175 million and 237,500 shares of Settlement Stock, settlement class members in the securities action will only be entitled to recover approximately $0.67 cash and 0.03 shares of settlement stock per affected share of stock.

If you are an investor who purchased or acquired and held Lumber Liquidators common stock between February 22, 2012, and February 27, 2015, and suffered a loss or would like more information, you may contact Dishman Law discuss your options.

The board of directors (the “Board”) of Lumber Liquidators including the founder, Thomas Sullivan, is a named Defendant in the derivative and securities actions alleging, among other things, that the directors and officers of the Company breached their fiduciary duties in connection with their failure to oversee the operations of the Company as they relate to the manufacture and sale of their wood laminate products, as well as the import and trade of illegally sourced lumber in violation of the Lacey Act. The securities complaint alleges the unlawful insider selling of tens of millions of dollars of Lumber Liquidators stock by Sullivan and other members of the Board during a time when the Company stock was allegedly inflated due to a failure of the Company and its management to properly disclose the activities of and accurate financial information regarding the Company.

A notice has been issued to record holders and beneficiaries as of July 18, 2016. If the stockholder derivative settlement is granted final approval, such holders will release Thomas Sullivan, the Company’s officers and directors and Lumber Liquidators from any and all further damages and such holders will have no further recourse. The derivative settlement does not provide any independent monetary relief to holders. However, the Plaintiffs’ attorneys are seeking five million dollars in attorneys’ fees.

If you are an investor that was a record holder or beneficial owner of Lumber Liquidators common stock as of July 18, 2016, and suffered a loss or would like more information, you may contact Dishman Law.

cold cold-hearted bass tart

why miguel

w

h

y?

why tom

w

h

y?

no respect for the looney looney looney... (doesn't anyone care for the ephhing crazies?)

i know this boner doesn't...

and

only respect for CASH by others

does the name cliton ring any bells?

of which of these groups do you belong?

cash cold heart crazy?

Name:	greedy-man-licking-cash-closeup-portrait-banker-ceo-boss-corporate-employee-crazy-guy-funny-look.jpg 
Views:	673 
Size:	77.6 KB 
ID:	49152

Last edited by hookdfisherman; 10-21-2016 at 03:36 PM. Reason: [QUOTE=DarkShadow;776207] No ish huh? I thought my patients were effin crazy. This dude takes the cake. [/QUOTE]

After 17 years of being an expert witness and now retired it is my opinion that trial lawyers are a scourge on the earth.

It is every trial lawyer’s wet dream to have class action lawsuit and find a plaintiff in Mississippi to use as the named plaintiff and the others “et all”. Mississippi has a history of the highest awards ever given in lawsuits. It seems that a poor din do nuffin jury pool will always rule against the evil big corporation.

96% of all lawsuits filed in the world are filed in the USA. Every business in California will be sued during its business lifetime. 25% of individuals with income over $50,000 will be sued in their lifetime. Tort reform is long overdue and will never happen due to most politicians being lawyers and the trial lawyers lobby.

A lawyer I did some work for years ago had an artist drawing hanging in his office of a cow being pulled by a rope by a farmer. Another farmer was pulling the cow by the tail. A guy in a business suit was milking the cow. It could not have been a better representation of what a trial lawyer does, milking a cash cow.

The only winner is the lawyer, win or lose the lawyer always gets paid.

Page 21 of 30 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast