Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Lumber Liquidators Laminate Flooring - Do you own any?

Quote Originally Posted by bighuff View Post
    Your life must suck

lol

that may be so...

but you suck for me...

or so it seems...

MORE!!!

LOL!

and I love that about you carp...

keep searching for my little bags of chum scum

and eat your fill, I mean keep up your end by getting irritated and responding back with disdain and sorrow!!

ya'all know how to hep me out (seems d umb shheets finally figured it out or he don want me showing more pics of his crappie as's net)

hep me out and I can post freely in GD...* you can take over again with your super intelligent B.S. illustrated rhetorical narratives...

chee-chee, big ol' words for such a puny mind. and I'm pretty sure you thought you'd look smarter by using them? oh and let me tell you. you did... you really did...

can't i post up LL news without all the bashing from the haters?

let's see the next time another LL news items comes around...

* just ignore me like i want and my life won't suck (or you won't) anymore. Either way, we can all be WINNERS or is that WEINERS?

Quote Originally Posted by hookdfisherman View Post
    keep searching for my little bags of chum scum
    No need to go searching for your formalde/meth-induced psychosis - you display it for all to easily see.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Quagga View Post
    No need to go searching for your formalde/meth-induced psychosis - you display it for all to easily see.
    this quoted response will aid you in fully understanding... if not then you musta to be stupit or sun ting.

DOWN baby DOWN!

FFFFurther...

no, MORE!

Keep at it...

Steve Calk, Lumber Liquidators Holdings Inc - Managing Director, FTI Consulting

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you, operator.Good morning,everyone Thank you for joining us Let me take a moment to reference the Safe Harbor Provisions of the USSec urities laws for forwa rdlooking statements. This conference call may contain forward-looking statements that are subject to significant risks anduncerta inties including future operating financial performance of Lumber Liquidators. Alth oughLumber Liquidators be lievesthat the expectations reflected inits forward-looking statements are reasonable it can give noassura nce that such exp ectationsor any of its forward-looking statements will prove to be correct Important risk factors that could cause actual results to diff ermaterially from those reflected in the forward-looking st atement sare included in Lumber Liquidators' filings with the The information conta inedthis call is accurate only as of the date discussed. Investors should not assume that the statements will remain operative at a later time. Lastly, Lumber Liquidators und ertakesno obliut, clearing ou tour tool sand tile inventory and actively reducing counts across all of our products. This inventory clearance and discounting was added to sales in June of last year and attracted additional customer traf ficThis June we were simply in the business of selling wood at competitive pri cesWe believe th isin part, contributed to both the negative traffic comparison and the positive margin comparison. Second, our pricing strategy which is now focused on margin dollars resulted in an increase in average sale in June versus the prior year period but was more than offset by the declingation to update any informa tiondiscu ssed inth is c allol but you suck for me too and Ilo vethatabout you car pI mean keep up your end by getting irritated and responding back with disdainya know how to hep me outd um b shh eets finally figured it out or he don want me showing more pics of his crappie as's nethep me out sos I can post freely iny ou canta ke over again with your super intelligent illustrated rhetorical narrativescheechee ya use big ol' words for such a puny min dand I'm pretty sure you thought you'd look smarter by using them? oh and let me tell you. you didy ou really didca n't i post up news without all the bashing from the haters? let's see the ne xttime another LL news items comes a rounda gain for you, you pretentious pooch just ignore me like i want and my life wot suck (or you won't) anymore. Either way, we can all be or is that What Shares of flooring retail erLumber Liquidators Holdings Incslumped as much as 12.5% today after the company reported second-quarter earnings. At 3:15 p.m. Eshares were still down 97%. So what Sales fell 4% to $2381 million, including a 7.2% decline incomparable-store sales. Net loss improved from $20.3 million a year ago to $122 million, or $0.45 per share. But analysts were expecting a $0.22pershare loss, so the results didn't impress investors Management said that it didn't have to discount as hard last quar terresulting in gross margin increasing from 25.1% a year ago to 29.7%But with fewer customers coming into stores, it's still an uphill battle to reach a profit on the bottom line. Now what?Investors don't quite kn owwhat to make of Lumber Liquidators today given customers trepidation in coming back to the brand. No matter whether it hit expectations or not a 72% decline in same-store sales is terrible for any compa nyUntil that trend turns around and Lum berLiquid ators startsp osting a profit I'll be watching this stock from the sidelines. And given the damage done in the past year, I'm not sure the company will everf lly recover. First re in the early months of managing the impact of significant negative media attention related to our Chinese laminates. We pulled that product from our shelves, creating a scarcity of lami nateproduct and the need to discount alternative flooring options to satisfy our customers. Atth e same time we were cleaning out, clearing ou tour tool sand tile inventory and actively reducing counts across all of our products. This inventory clearance and discounting was added to sales in June of last year and attracted additional customer traf ficThis June we were simply in the business of selling wood at competitive pri cesWe believe th isin part, contributed to both the negative traffic comparison and the positive margin comparison. Second, our pricing strategy which is now focused on margin dollars resulted in an increase in average sale in June versus the prior year period but was more than offset by the decline in number of customers invoiced. Third, as we have discussed on prior calls store associate turnover impacted one of our most important value propositions, our customer service at the store level. Dennis is making progress on this front, but we still have a lot of work to doAn d fou rthgiven the disruptions in the supply chain last year and the availability of certain products since that time there are still opportunities to improve our assortment in light of customer demand. We are making these adjustments in real time and believe that this will improve our competitive position in the marketplace. As a rem inderwe are not looking at these services to drive margin percentage expansion. We provide them to serve our customers and to attract new customers in the do it for me category. If we succeed installation services will help us drive top line sales and overall market share. That is where the real opportunity is for Lumber Liquidators We also continue to evaluate opportunities to grow the business in additional areas where we can leverage competitive advantages.

just a little more....

what? you were expecting a poem?

keep scrolling beach!

deeper moo lusk mouth!

keep scrolling...!

just a ritto more.... lol

ohh yea, you truly suck

right to the end! LOL

LOL

V

V

V

V

u gotta keep searching gaga sucka, come on over tannite i'll show ya how to get the chum out

one last thing, all these views of the bickering must be making some mad revenue for the website no? if so, can we get a cut? pm me...

Sorry, no time to indulge in your delusion meth'd. But, carry on!

You can say that... most of the fnners are pretty sure you went at least half the way before you wised up and "fingerd" it out... lol it is after all in your nature to to swallow anything I happen to toss your way... bebe dolls!

Gulp, gulp!

Lol

You can say that... most of the fnners are pretty sure you went at least half the way before you wised up and "fingerd" it out... lol it is after all in your nature to to swallow anything I happen to toss your way... bebe dolls!

Gulp, gulp!

Lumber Liquidators has shown up the short sellers in 2016. The stock has skyrocketed as much as 55% since falling to $11.28 on May 18.
    But it's now time to lock in some gains and wait for a pullback of around 10%.

The embattled flooring company earlier reported second-quarter earnings results that missed Wall Street's estimates on both revenue and profits.

That's not the story here, however. Thanks to its contaminated wood case related to the cancer-causing ingredient formaldehyde, expectations are still low for this company in terms of operational performance. But the stock -- up 8% over the past month -- has exceeded all expectations.

Take a look at the chart, courtesy of Trading View.

Lumber Liquidators shares closed Tuesday at $16.98, up 0.47%. Six month-gains are 33%. Despite this, the stock is down 2% year to date, under performing both the 6% rise in the S&P 500 index and the 4.6% rise in the SPDR S&P Retail ETF , meaning the company has been making up for lost ground.

On the positive side, Lumber Liquidators looks drastically different than it did a year ago, thanks to its recently announced settlement with the Consumer Product Safety Commission, including terms that don't require a product recall. This helps the company in the long term from a revenue perspective, but also because Lumber Liquidators is slowly putting its legal issues behind it.

But in the near term, and from a technical perspective, the stock will need to pause.

From the chart, you can see that the stock tested resistance multiple times at around $17.55 (the red line) without success. This suggests there are now more net sellers in the stock than there are buyers, which is understandable given the strong run the stock has enjoyed in such a short period of time.

And with second-quarter earnings now out of the way and no new catalyst to send Lumber Liquidators stock higher, the shares will struggle to hold the 20-day average at $16.58 (the blue line). The chart shows that selling pressure could push the stock toward support at $15.42, down about 10% from current levels.

Take profits now and wait for the inevitable pullback before buying back in.

Lumber Liquidators has shown up the short sellers in 2016. The stock has skyrocketed as much as 55% since falling to $11.28 on May 18.
    But it's now time to lock in some gains and wait for a pullback of around 10%.

The embattled flooring company earlier reported second-quarter earnings results that missed Wall Street's estimates on both revenue and profits.

That's not the story here, however. Thanks to its contaminated wood case related to the cancer-causing ingredient formaldehyde, expectations are still low for this company in terms of operational performance. But the stock -- up 8% over the past month -- has exceeded all expectations.

Take a look at the chart, courtesy of Trading View.

Lumber Liquidators shares closed Tuesday at $16.98, up 0.47%. Six month-gains are 33%. Despite this, the stock is down 2% year to date, under performing both the 6% rise in the S&P 500 index and the 4.6% rise in the SPDR S&P Retail ETF , meaning the company has been making up for lost ground.

On the positive side, Lumber Liquidators looks drastically different than it did a year ago, thanks to its recently announced settlement with the Consumer Product Safety Commission, including terms that don't require a product recall. This helps the company in the long term from a revenue perspective, but also because Lumber Liquidators is slowly putting its legal issues behind it.

But in the near term, and from a technical perspective, the stock will need to pause.

From the chart, you can see that the stock tested resistance multiple times at around $17.55 (the red line) without success. This suggests there are now more net sellers in the stock than there are buyers, which is understandable given the strong run the stock has enjoyed in such a short period of time.

And with second-quarter earnings now out of the way and no new catalyst to send Lumber Liquidators stock higher, the shares will struggle to hold the 20-day average at $16.58 (the blue line). The chart shows that selling pressure could push the stock toward support at $15.42, down about 10% from current levels.

Take profits now and wait for the inevitable pullback before buying back in.

Lumber Liquidators

The formaldehyde scandal has affected Lumber Liquidators very negatively, resulting in losses and bad publicity. Stock price has plummeted.

Lumber Liquidators has much outstanding regulation and litigation that has been merely overshadowed by the formaldehyde scandal. The full extent of the impacts from these outstanding issues is yet to be seen.

It has been more than 1 year since the formaldehyde scandal broke out. Since then, Lumber Liquidators has made headlines for the wrong reasons more often than not.

Stock prices have dropped by a huge margin.

Here is the stock price of Lumber Liquidators Inc. (NYSE: LL) for the past 5 years.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	price.jpg 
Views:	298 
Size:	12.8 KB 
ID:	48826

Looking at the history of Lumber Liquidators, you would have easily concluded that this is a solid company badly affected by one scandal.

From the chart above, you can see that for 10 years, Lumber Liquidators has very good margins and income with the exception of 2015.

Name:	gm.jpg 
Views:	289 
Size:	15.5 KB 
ID:	48827

Name:	ni.jpg 
Views:	295 
Size:	15.5 KB 
ID:	48828

EPS has also been good and positive except for 2015.

Name:	eps.jpg 
Views:	298 
Size:	14.7 KB 
ID:	48829

Everything went wrong in 2015.

Summary of Chinese Laminate Products

The Chinese Laminate product is the cause of all these problems. Last year, the California Air Resources Board (CARB) determined that the product does not adhere to their regulations. Lumber Liquidators has written them off to the tune of $22.5 million.

The damaging impact on their image was obvious.

Impacts of the scandal

The impacts of the scandal are simple: loss of reputation, resulting in sales reducing, resulting in losses, resulting in share prices dropping.

Lumber Liquidators has tested the air quality in more than 17,000 households, conducted formaldehyde emissions tests for about 1,300.

Lumber Liquidators has done many things to make a turnaround. Unfortunately, the results of the turnaround have not been prominent.

Sales, income, eps, operating income and quick ratios have been dropping. Cost of operations, cost of litigation, lawsuits, current ratios and debt to equity ratios have been increasing.

Therefore, conclusion is that it is not a bargain stock right now as there are no signs of real improvement.

Added Concerns

During the process of probing, I was reminded of some old news that has not been making the headlines recently, news that had been forgotten.

After the scandal, the CEO and CFO were replaced. Robert M Lynch, the CEO behind very huge growth of recent years was replaced by John M Presley while CFO Daniel E Terrell was replaced by Gregory A. Whirley. Jim Witter joined as Chief Compliance and Legal Officer.

With the change in management, it is unknown if the company is removing a bad management for a good management or removing a good management for a bad management.

Remember this?

Form 8-K for LUMBER LIQUIDATORS HOLDINGS, INC.

Item 5.02 Departure of Directors or Certain Officers; Election of Directors;
    Appointment of Certain Officers; Compensatory Arrangements of Certain Officers

On May 18, 2016, Lumber Liquidator Holdings, Inc. (the "Company") entered into a Settlement and Release Agreement (the "Agreement") with its former President and Chief Executive Officer, Robert M. Lynch, pursuant to which Mr. Lynch agreed to a general release of claims, to cooperate with the Company and to certain restrictive covenants relating to the protection of confidential information,

non-competition and non-solicitation of Company employees or customers. Pursuant to the Agreement, the Company waives any right to repayment of relocation amounts previously paid to Mr. Lynch and

Mr. Lynch is entitled to receive $500,000 in a lump sum payment and $500,000 paid in twenty-six equal weekly installments.

what does this imply? lol

Lumber Liquidators is also engaging in at least 9 lawsuits. Given the nature of lawsuits, there are no guarantees that results will favour Lumber Liquidators. Therefore, these results can be a problem.

With much of the attention on the Chinese laminate products scandal, many have forgotten about the Lacey Act scandal. Lumber Liquidators is still paying the price for not complying with the Lacey Act in the form of an Environment Compliance Plan. Lumber Liquidators will be under 4 years' probation under this plan, which will cost about $3.5 million to initiate. Lumber Liquidators have previously paid $13.2 million in fines for the non-compliance with the Lacey Act.

Let alone, they couldn't care less about this...

Last edited by hookdfisherman; 02-21-2192 at 014:49. Reason: A 2013 report by the Environmental Investigation Agency revealed that Lumber Liquidators' indiscriminate and poor sourcing practices resulted in the destruction of critically endangered tiger habitats and forests.[5]

Further investigation lead to the conviction of a Russian supplier in 2014. Shortly after the conviction Lumber Liquidators lost about twenty percent in stock value for potential violation of the Lacey Act. During 2015, the company was involved in controversy regarding the level of formaldehyde in the Chinese-made laminate flooring that it was selling.[6]

The company appointed John M. Presley as Chief Executive Officer.[7]

The company's founder, Tom Sullivan, served as interim CEO following the resignation and was replaced in November 2015 by John Presley.[8]

On October 22, 2015, Lumber Liquidators pleaded guilty in federal court to the illegal importation of hardwood flooring.[9]

In February 2016, a federal judge sentenced the company to $13.15 million in penalties, consisting of $7.8 million in criminal fines, $3.15 million in civil forfeiture, $1 million in criminal forfeiture, and $1.2 million to conservation organizations.[10]

It was the largest financial penalty ever issued for violating the Lacey Act of 1900.[11]
    ).

My biggest concern is an investigation by SEC on Lumber Liquidators on issues of "disclosure, financial reporting and trading requirement since 2011". 2011 marked the start of Lumber Liquidators' most amazing growth. It was also the year that CEO Robert M. Lynch took charge.

Conclusion

Looking at the earnings of Lumber Liquidators before 2015, the company appears to be a good growth company. Hit by one scandal, Lumber Liquidators should have been able to make a turnaround.

However, further probing has revealed that many other issues are outstanding and have merely been overshadowed by the formaldehyde scandal. This includes the multiple lawsuits from many parties, non-compliance with the Lacey Act., the SEC investigation and the change in important members of management.

Along the way, Lumber Liquidators has paid many hefty fines and there may be more in the future. What attracted me to this stock were the good finances of the company. With Lumber Liquidators under SEC investigation, it makes me wonder how much of the reported earnings were true.

Since the start of the scandal, the turnaround of Lumber Liquidators has been very sour.

Article is edited for effect.

Last edited by hookdfisherman; 01-02-2017 at 07:43 PM.

hehe, where ya jugheads been?

some older news March 11, 2016

(haterz beware! i have no life and a lot of time on my hands)...

Lumber Liquidators (NYSE: LL) disclosed the following on Tuesday in its 10-Q filing:

Securities Laws

In March 2015, the Company received a grand jury subpoena issued in connection with a criminal investigation being conducted by the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Eastern District of Virginia (the “U.S. Attorney”). In addition, on May 19, 2015, July 13, 2015 and March 11, 2016, the Company received subpoenas from the New York Regional Office of the SEC in connection with an inquiry by the SEC staff. Based on the subpoenas, the Company believes the focus of both the U.S. Attorney investigation and SEC investigation primarily relate to compliance with disclosure, financial reporting and trading requirements under the securities laws since 2011. The Company is fully cooperating with the investigations by the U.S. Attorney and SEC staff and continues to produce documents responsive to the subpoenas and pursuant to other requests received from the U.S. Attorney’s Office. Given that the investigation by the U.S. Attorney and SEC staff are still ongoing, the Company cannot estimate the reasonably possible loss or range of loss that may result from this matter.

i see the bonerz are harassing others on this here rebound... i know i know, they just can't hep themselves... lol

Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast