Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: rockfish opener limits for all on Betty G

Default rockfish opener limits for all on Betty G

Yesterday I was invited to go on the Betty G on a private charter. After getting some anchovies from Redondo's bait receiver we were off to the local rockfish grounds .We stopped to make some much needed mackerel outside the harbor. It sprinkled a little but didn't rain much. We picked a few up at the first couple drops , but around 10:30 it was on. We fished until about one then moved over to a secret Lingcod spot and there were 3 instant hookups(not me) on the lings. I dropped back down with a new mackerel and got hit instantly, but it didn't stay on. The crew was great helping with tangles and sacking up the catch. They cleaned fish for two and a half hours , and we called it a day after 6 pm. Thanks for inviting me Willy on your birthday charter , and I am looking forward to next year, Redondo Todd.

Great job on the rockies,I had to chuckle a little when you said "secret ling spot " I didn't think there were any secret spots locally anymore for any kind of fish,considering hand held GPS and the like.
    But if you're skipper had one more power to him,thanks for the report.

Cya Tuna Vic

Tasty meat run, WTG
    DR

Nice. The weather wasn't the nicest on the opener. WTG!

Quote Originally Posted by TUNAVIC View Post
    Great job on the rockies,I had to chuckle a little when you said "secret ling spot " I didn't think there were any secret spots locally anymore for any kind of fish,considering hand held GPS and the like.
    But if you're skipper had one more power to him,thanks for the report.

Cya Tuna Vic
    I thought the same thing about secret spots now a days!!!! Years ago, when I use to fish with Wayne on the Aquarius and then on the old Spitfire, he told me he had some stones for Rockfish only he knew about. With all the modern technology now a days, how could anything be kept a secret in a place like Santa Monica Bay.