Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Lake Perris Float Tube Help

Default Lake Perris Float Tube Help

Hello guys,
    I am planning to hit up Lake Perris for a float tube session soon. Since I have never been there, I have a couple questions.

First, do they check float tubes for quagga mussels too? If so, what's the process? I haven't fished in my tube for a couple of weeks so it is dry, however, I am worried about the dew in the early morning might make my tube kinda wet on the surface. Would they turn me back for that?

Also, I wonder how you launch your float tube there. Is there any place like a launch ramp that I can pull up and just unload my tube near water or do I have to carry my gear a long way from parking lot?

Thank you in advance if anyone knows the answers and want to help an angler out!

Tight lines.

Z.Bao

I don't float tube;therefore, I can't help you out in regards of inspection. I've seen people launching their tube and yak at sail cove, where I believe you can drive all the way down to the bank, unload your gear, and then drive to the parking lot and park. There is a few rocks by the bank so be careful when you drive down. Hope you have a good day there and look forward for your fishing report.

You can go directly to the source, I'm sure they can answer all your questions;

Perris Information: marina 951-657-2179, state park 951-940-5600.

Good luck, have fun & be safe!

Assuming you have a trunk and your tube is in it, you won't be stopped; unless you mention it to them.

If they see your tube they will most likely inspect it. I'm not sure about the dew, but I'd cover it to keep it dry just in case.
    You can drop your stuff at the boat launch ramp if you want, or drive in the dirt to the waters edge at Sail Cove and drop your tube there. You can't park on the dirt at Sail Cove unless you have a Handicap Parking Permit. I carry my tube from the parking lot at either spot no problem.

The Bernasconi area is closed, which really sucks because this area is by far the best area to fish from a float tube. I have fished Sail Cove area, but have never done very good here, a few bass, and a couple of nice ones, but nothing compared to across the lake. The area of parking lots 11 and 12 at the north end of the lake has fair fishing, and you can kick across to the island from here also. Actually, I've had pretty good fishing in the cove and rocky ends of the boat launch area. I've caught some nice crappie too in this area also. And yes, if you have a float tube in the back of a truck, you will get inspected..

I have launched a yak while my buddy has launched a tube. Depending on what section of the lake you want to fish, I would recommend launching from either the main boat launch ramp or the beach in Sail Cove. You can drive your vehicle all the way down to the water's edge, unload your tube and gear, and then drive your truck back up to the parking lot and walk back to your tube. Probably like a 2 or 3 minute walk from the lot and you will be able to watch your gear the whole time so nobody will run off with it. As for the inspection, they should not turn you around if it is a dewy morning and your tube is a little wet...I honestly don't even think they will inspect it anyway but even if they do you should be good to go. Good luck and have fun out there!

Thank you all for the helpful info! I got much more than what I was expecting. I am hoping to head out there this Saturday for some fishing. If I do make it out there I will make sure to write a report! yes, the float tube will be in the bed of my truck, so I will have to do my best to keep it as dry as possible on my way there. I am also hoping to bring my trolling motor so I can get around the lake easier if I can get it registered before this Saturday.

Like others have said , good launching points are sail cove off the beach or the launch ramp . As Far as them checking Tubes my last 3 trips In the last month i have been checked 2x , they even checked my rod rack , it goes quick and easy so i don't mind .

Two most important things for your trip to Perris, have fun catching fish and most importantly give us a report!

SurfCityUSA
    (where is snowed on Monday)