Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: V dubs.

Default V dubs.

I had two of them at the same time both were 1972's my wife had a orange one and I had a blue one. Drove those all over the place, great cars they were.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1972_vw_beetle_t756.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	90.5 KB 
ID:	45872 what do ya think about them, and did you ever own one.
    Last edited by old pudd fisher; 03-01-2015 at 09:57 PM.

Had many a VW's. Started working on them in high school then worked at a VW shop for a couple years. Had my own shop for 3 years in Harbor City. Used to buy and sell them for a few years. Many trips to Baja in VW's in the late seventies to mid 80's in bugs and busses. Rolled a nice 61 bug one night, lol.
    DR

I had many,many VWS,in fact a buddy and I used to drive around all day and buy them,if they looked like they hadn't been driven for a while we'd stop and ask "hey wanta sell that bug?"most of the time the answer was heck yeah.
    Most only needed a clutch,generator,battery,or other minor stuff,but we'd buy em all regardless.
    We would fix em and turn em,it was a great money making gig,one thing we learned was,when you saw a great deal you had to get it that day,if they told you come back next week,they tell others they were selling their bug,a cousin friend or some other person would jump on it.
    As with many good things they come to an end,people started turning them into dune buggy,Baja bugs,and they became much desired again,even the ones that weren't running and our supply began to dry up,oh well on to a new money making venture,the "Bug Ins" back in the day were cool then too,remember those?

Cya Tuna the

Anybody ever have one of these?

They look like the perfect fishing mobile.

Let's see:

Bugs: 1958, 1963, 1967
    Dunebuggie: 1962
    Squareback station wagon: 1969

And, my favorite: 1971 Bus, went everywhere in that thing. Too bad I don't have any digital photos of any of them. I restored all of them, except the dunebuggy.

Miss them, but they were a lot of work. Happy with my Ford Ranger and Sportster now.

John

My neighbor had a lime green 1974 Westfalia....I wanted to buy a 1977 Super Beetle in 1979 for $2400..my dad said "too much for a used VW"

I had a few VW vans(buses)but no rag tops,I had one Westfalia pea green in color with plaid green interior,had it or sale for $3500.00 and had a guy call and ask if it was as clean as it looked in the autotrader,I said yes,and when he arrived in a taxi and sent the taxi away I knew it was a sale for sure!

Cya Tuna Vic

A little before my time....but, how fast and scary was the famous 914-6? Sounds like it would be a fun car.
    Very rare to see on the streets. Anyone ever have one here?
    Last edited by Stinkbait; 03-03-2015 at 07:02 PM.

My brother in law had a 914/6 and it was a quick and fun car and the insurance was a choker for an under 30 single male driver.

Quote Originally Posted by DEVOREFLYER View Post
    My brother in law had a 914/6 and it was a quick and fun car and the insurance was a choker for an under 30 single male driver.
    You had that Rohypnol charge installed on that thing, DF?