Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Sunglasses

Default Sunglasses

Looking to get a new pair of sunglasses leaning towards cdm also heard good thing about kaenon anybody have any input or suggestions. Much appreciated

I used to go with Oakley, buy have turned to Maui Jim the last couple of years. I like to stick with the brown polarized lens for fishing.

Anybody have a good recomm for over an over the glasses pait ... MUCH appreciated

I have two pairs of fishing glasses first pair are Oakley which are good. Then last year I bought Typhoons last year a the Fred Hall show I like them much better they don't fog up. I think I paid 70 bucks for them. Hope this helps.

Hey DB, Get the Costa I got a pair of fantail blue mirror glass the best sunglass I've ever had.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbfishing View Post
    Looking to get a new pair of sunglasses leaning towards cdm also heard good thing about kaenon anybody have any input or suggestions. Much appreciated

So I did go with the costas got the harpoon with blue lense. Not cheap so I have high expectations from them

Do fishing sun glasses really help you enough to spend the extra bucks on them?

Yes they are if you like your eyes .

Quote Originally Posted by Stray Cat View Post
    Yes they are if you like your eyes .
    LOL.

I used to know guys who would spend 500 bucks on a rod and would use the $9.99 Blue Blockers.

Then wondered why their head hurt after 2 hours of wearing them.

In any case, I'm an Oakely guy, but I do recommend that if you're not too keen about taking care of your glasses (i.e, chucking them across the deck, throwing them into your glove compartment, etc) they WILL get scratched easily. You need to baby the hell out of them, and always keep them in a hard case when not in use and be careful on how you wipe them.

The reason I get Oakleys is because they make a very clear polycarbonate lens. I realize glass is more resistant to scratching and optically clearer, but since I also use the Oakleys to play baseball, I need the impact resistance. Plus, I would hate to see what a 1/2 ounce tungsten jig would do to glass lenses if it comes shooting out of the water for whatever reason. I also use Oakleys because the Half Jacket models that I use enable the wearer to swap out lenses given the light condition. I've realized that not 1 pair of polarized lenses can do the job effectively throughout the entire day, and in different environments. I can swap out the Fire Iridium polarized during low light conditions, put on the amber when I'm fishing streams, or pop in the Blue Ice Iridium on a bright sunny day. On the way home, I can pop in the High Vis Yellow lenses to make night driving easier.

As someone mentioned before, if you like your eyes, you should spend some money on lenses. You only get one pair of eyes.

When I'm fishing I want glasses that block out the light bouncing off of the water then under the bottom edge of my sunglasses and into my dilated pupils. I buy glasses that rest on my face and wrap around my eyes to the side so there is no light leakage.