Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2/27/15 Sundown session, N.Samo, heartbreak Gopro action

Default 2/27/15 Sundown session, N.Samo, heartbreak Gopro action

Hey Guys , decided to go out for a sundown session this Friday, and I'm still confused if that was a good choice or not ! Once i get to my ao, just looking from above i knew it was going to be tuff, too much grass . I was a little early from when i wanted to get to the beach , today was going to be a weird day as i had decided to do a bait and wait with a buddy for some Bats , and sharks hopefully. I had two setups in my car, 1 long rod spinning setup with 60lb braid, and my trusty old round baitcaster Calcutta 200D with 40lb braid with 20lb flouro leader. So i pick my calcutta up and get down , make 2 cast on the Lc thinking maybe i should just go back to the car and wait ? . But decide to put a 4' Swimbait on and make 10 more casts before making a decision. I think it was 3rd cast i lose my swimmie to structure. At this point i was almost sure i was going back to the car , but a little man on my shoulder told me to just make a few more casts. Tied up , back at it , 2nd cast Hook up !!!!!! Immediately i knew this was not the "hungry regulars". Heres all the action, From major excitement to heart break, I can't even describe how bad i felt at the moment, I knew it was my mistake , and i got too aggressive , and my Freakin rod was just not strong enough. The Fish is a Mature Leopard shark , bigger than any i have ever seen , id estimate it 5ft + over 50lbs just by looking at the girth. It was really close combat, i had to button down really hard and pull and tug as hard as i could , too many submerged boilers , and waaay too much grass . It took me about an hour to revive after the epic tug of war and heartbreak. Oh, Fair hooked by the way and i kept my leader and lets just say i was lucky it didn't break before my rod broke.

I ended up getting a lot smaller model on a big piece of squid. Maybe around 20'
    Hope you enjoyed it !

Heck of a way to break a rod... I wouldn't be upset if my rod went out that way! Great fight right there...

Quote Originally Posted by jaggerbub View Post
    Heck of a way to break a rod... I wouldn't be upset if my rod went out that way! Great fight right there...
    haha :) thanx jaggerbub

Man what a video.. I felt the snap as if I was holding the rod.
    Sucks about the broken rod and lost fish!!

Quote Originally Posted by Fishbones View Post
    Man what a video.. I felt the snap as if I was holding the rod.
    Sucks about the broken rod and lost fish!!
    Yeah total heartbreaker Bro .

man sorry about the rod you should show the video to st. croix they shoudl give you a new rod for free. awesome fight man

Quote Originally Posted by benichi View Post
    man sorry about the rod you should show the video to st. croix they shoudl give you a new rod for free. awesome fight man
    Hey Benichi , thanx , Rod has already been replaced , and is on its way . Glad u enjoyed it ;)

Man, that bumbed me out and I had an idea what would happen from your title!

Quote Originally Posted by fishinone View Post
    Man, that bumbed me out and I had an idea what would happen from your title!
    We win some , and then we get our butts kicked by some ))

SNGF........ BAT RAY........ St Croix Rods are made in Taiwan by Armenian Elves

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast