Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bullet Ban

Quote Originally Posted by cutbait View Post
    Look at the brightside fellas... Atleast we still have some freedoms left.

Imagine what our kids and grandkids are going to be dealing with as these progressives keep chipping away
    Yeah and their kids and grandkids, can you even Imagine what the world be like even a hundred years from now.

Chinese will have invaded and bred a stronger race with our females by then

Quote Originally Posted by cutbait View Post

Imagine what our kids and grandkids are going to be dealing with as these progressives keep chipping away
    And they would be correct in blaming us for letting it happen......how much hotter does the water got to get Frogs?????

Quote Originally Posted by DEVOREFLYER View Post
    And they would be correct in blaming us for letting it happen......how much hotter does the water got to get Frogs?????
    Americans don't fight for these convictions anymore. They've been programmed already.

Tyranny and stories of it don't inspire us anymore. Instead TMZ and Bruce Jenner on the iPad at Starbucks on the free wifi draw our attention.

I know what your saying but unless it's an all out gun ban, there will be no revolution

From the NRA-ILA

Stop ATF's Ammo Ban: Urge Your U.S. Representative to Sign Congressional Letter to ATF on Proposed Ammo Ban

As NRA has been reporting since the night the news broke, the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (BATFE) is moving to infringe upon the rights of law-abiding gun owners with a drastic reinterpretation of a nearly 30-year-old law regulating so-called “armor piercing” ammunition. So draconian is BATFE’s new “Framework” that it would prohibit the manufacturing, importation, and sale of M855 ball ammunition, one of the most popular cartridges for the most popular rifle in America, the AR-15. Not coincidentally, the AR-15 is among the firearms the Obama Administration has unsuccessfully sought to outlaw. If they can’t ban the pie, so the thinking apparently goes, they might at least get the apples.

In an effort to thwart BATFE's attempted action, NRA has worked with U.S. Representative Bob Goodlatte (R-Va.), Chairman of the House Judiciary Committee, to draft a letter to BATFE expressing the lawmakers' opposition to the proposed Framework.

According to the letter, “The idea that Congress intended [the ‘armor piercing’ ammunition law] to ban one of the preeminent rifle cartridges in use by Americans for legitimate purposes is preposterous.” It goes on to state that the law “should be construed in accordance with the American tradition of lawful firearms ownership, as protected by the Second Amendment.” This includes due consideration of “the many legitimate uses Americans make of their firearms including target practice, hunting, organized and casual competition, training and skills development, and instructional activities.“ The letter concludes with several pointed questions for the B. Todd Jones, BATFE’s director, including why the agency bypassed the Administrative Procedures Act in proposing such a radical change to its prior interpretation and enforcement of the law.

NRA will also be submitting its own detailed comments to BATFE in opposition to the ban and is continuing to work with Members of Congress on legislation that will put a stop to this abuse.

In the meantime, gun owners and other affected members of the public must act now to help ensure BATFE does not get away with this attempt to deprive Americans of ammunition for their favorite rifle and to squeeze ammunition markets between converging bans on both lead and non-lead ammunition. BATFE is accepting comments on their proposed ban and will consider all comments received on or before March 16, 2015.

Please be sure to submit your respectful comments in opposition to the ban. For more detailed information on the proposed ban and how you can submit your comments to BATFE, please click this link.

Finally, please contact your U.S. Representative and urge him or her to sign Rep. Goodlatte's letter and to oppose BATFE's proposed "armor piercing" ammunition Framework. To contact them by phone, call the Congressional Switchboard at (202) 224-3121 or CLICK HERE TO WRITE YOUR LAWMAKERS.

Your wasting your time writing the cake was baked last year.
    The ATF already put this in regulations last year without public comment. It is already regulation and has been since 2014. So they are done and won't change anything so writing them is pointless. Congress can and should spank them for this. that's the arrow I am putting all my wood behind. You go ahead and write the ATF and they'll ignore you. Waste your time. I won't waste mine.

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepa...ition-n1966761
    Last edited by DEVOREFLYER; 03-06-2015 at 02:35 PM.

The ATF already put this in regulations last year without public comment. It is already regulation and has been since 2014. So they are done and won't change anything so writing them is pointless. Congress can and should spank them for this. that's the arrow I am putting all my wood behind. You go ahead and write the ATF and they'll ignore you. Waste your time. I won't waste mine.

You go ahead and write the ATF and they'll ignore you.
    Par for the course for the federal government these days. Our founders warned us about this very thing happening...

The framework is not finalized, and in spite of that idiotic article, a ban on M855 ammunition has not yet been implemented and does not exist.

When you disseminate crap like this, you do a disservice to all responsible and law-abiding gun owners.

Default It looks like they are waiting until later!

From the AP wire:

Feds Abandon Plan to Ban Popular Rifle Ammo
    WASHINGTON — Mar 10, 2015, 3:07 PM ET
    By ALICIA A. CALDWELL Associated Press

Amid an onslaught of criticism, the Obama administration has dropped plans to ban a popular type of rifle ammunition that can pierce a police officer's protective vest if fired from a handgun, the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives said Tuesday.

More than 80,000 people have commented on the proposal to ban certain types of 5.56 mm, or .223 caliber, ammunition since the agency announced its proposal last month. An ATF spokeswoman, Ginger Colbrun, said the vast majority of comments were critical of the proposal.

Objections also came from 291 members of Congress — majorities of both the House and Senate.

The ATF had proposed banning some types of ammunition used in the popular AR-15-style rifles. The rule change would have affected only "M855 green tip" or "SS109" rounds with certain types of metal core projectiles.

In a letter to ATF Director B. Todd Jones last month, House Judiciary Committee Chairman Bob Goodlatte, R-Va., objected to the plan. On Tuesday, he applauded the reversal, saying he was "pleased that the Obama administration has abandoned its attack on the Second Amendment."

Armor-piercing handgun ammunition has been banned since 1986 as a way to protect police officers under the federal Law Enforcement Officers Protection Act. The rifle bullets considered under the ban were long thought to be considered exempt because they were used for "sporting purposes," such as target shooting.

Colbrun said ATF proposed ending the exemption in part because of the advent of AR-style pistols that can fire the rounds. Such guns did not exist when the armor-piercing ammunition law was passed.

She said the legislation also did not define "sporting purposes," which has led to more than 30 requests for exemptions in recent years.

Without a new framework to determine which armor-piercing ammunition is strictly for sporting purposes, Colbrun said, those exemption requests cannot be processed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12