Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Canyon Lake late Feb...

Last edited by ddoskocil; 03-04-2015 at 11:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sodapop View Post
    Back way anyone can fish But you need a fishing license to do it
    You mean I can just go there!!!! (Not that I want to!!!!)

Quote Originally Posted by etucker1959 View Post
    You mean I can just go there!!!
    Yeah, they can't say anything if you come up from the backside of it.

The northern most section of Canyon Lake is surrounded by BLM property. i.e, it's not private.

So anybody can fish it if they access it through there.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post

The northern most section of Canyon Lake is surrounded by BLM property. i.e, it's not private.

seems like the barbara streisand effect is in progress.

Four wheel vehicle helps

Canyon lake today, DVL tomorrow, Perris the next. They are all great. Instead of ranting about not fishing this lake, go fish another one. The fact is the water is approaching 64 degrees and the bass are going off. You can follow them from low altitude up into the mountains and have access to the best bass fishing of the year, lake after lake. As far as blowing up spots, here they are....Day and a half Yellowtail trips. Elsinore Crappie bite, Pyramid Stripers, Casitas Crappie/Bass bite. Now we are all screwed.....

Quote Originally Posted by bendopolo2004 View Post
    Canyon lake today, DVL tomorrow, Perris the next. They are all great. Instead of ranting about not fishing this lake, go fish another one. The fact is the water is approaching 64 degrees and the bass are going off. You can follow them from low altitude up into the mountains and have access to the best bass fishing of the year, lake after lake. As far as blowing up spots, here they are....Day and a half Yellowtail trips. Elsinore Crappie bite, Pyramid Stripers, Casitas Crappie/Bass bite. Now we are all screwed.....
    100 percent agree

Quote Originally Posted by flyhigh123 View Post
    seems like the barbara streisand effect is in progress.
    Loose lips sink ships!

Hopefully people will understand that and stop blowing up their own spots when they post on the Interwebs.

I didn't know that, (sorry!!!!!) I thought everyone was getting excited about a lake you couldn't fish any way unless you were a resident!!!!

Loose lips sink ships!

Hopefully people will understand that and stop blowing up their own spots when they post on the Interwebs.
    DS you're pretty reasonable guy, can we have a friendly conservation about this?????? I can understand a small stream with native fish in it, you kill them you just wrecked something that would take years to come back. What about a small lake with Green Carp in it??? I imagine that's what everyone is really talking about!!!! You know I've conducted my own survey's about this same question!!!! If you post something on the Internet, will people drive miles to get to that lake to kill those fish???? (bucket fishermen!!!!) I've never done it with Green Carp, but I've done it with catfish several times. I've posted in real time (like today's catch) the catfishing is wide open at such and such a Free Regional Park!!!! Guess what happened???? Usually nothing!!!!! My best three day run I ever had was 50, 102 and 60 catfish caught at a Free Regional park. I posted the report in real time, guess how many people showed up because of the report???? 1 couple after I posted I caught 102 catfish in one day!!!!!! I've done this several times, same results!!!! Nobody shows up (bucket fishermen) because of my reports. In the lakes I did my survey, I know everyone there and they all know me!!!! So my conclusion where, Green Carp must taste better then FARM RAISED CATFISH!!!! lol I think the real truth is people won't really drive that far to catch even a Free Fish. (bucket fishermen) Who will drive that far is a real skillful fishermen, who will practice C&R. So the fishery really won't get hurt, it's just the local fishermens ego is the only thing on the line!!!!! I fish some of the best Bass lakes around for Catfish all the time. Even though some of them are C&R only, the local Bass guy's tell me, "don't post crap about this lake." (which I do respect their wishes) We don't need any more pressure on these Bass is what they tell me!!!! So what's really at stake????? I hope I don't get any hate mail for asking this question!!!!!! lol I would like to hear, what other peoples opinions and facts are on this subject!!!!
    Last edited by etucker1959; 03-03-2015 at 05:02 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast