Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Perris report from 2/25

Default Perris report from 2/25

So I went out to Perris yesterday. I hadn't been there since before the last rain and before the horrible wind we've been having the last week or so... I expected to see the water temps up just above 60 wth clear water with the same 10ft visibility it had last week but was surprised to see the water temp had dropped to the low 57 degree mark and the visibility went down to about 4 ft...
    I had a feeling right away that Id might need to really slow down to get bit... But I wanted to throw reactions to start anyway...So I spent a bit over an hour throwing reactions with no love.. Then I made the switch to finesse fishing and started to pick off fish here and there.. Light line, small baits, very slow presentation and at all different depths.. We ended with about 9 bass that we caught from 2 ft deep to about 30ft.. Overall the bite in my opinion was very tough.. the cruisers and bedfish that were flocking the bank a mere 6-8 days ago were a distant memory. This cool down with rain, wind and Air temps pushed those bass back out... I saw only a couple small skittish cruisers, no bed fish and if we caught shallow fish (which we did) it was by making super long casts.. I expect it to get real good after our next 2 storms this week and next... They will pull back up and start their Spring Love dance and also start biting good again.. Rain and Heavy Wind in the Early part of the season like this take a serious toll on the bite...Flat out it kills it.. But it will get better once these storms pass that are due to hit this weekend and the first part of next week.

Yeah the water is down but that wasn't and isn't a factor in catching fish at Perris.. Its still a great fishery with a TON of bass and Bait... The reason for the tough bite is solely because the weather... And It will get better..

If you want more of my reports and you want to follow my new tournament season follow me on my Facebook page... Pete Marino Fishing. Go to my page and give it a "like" and you can follow my reports, tournament results and my fishing posts.. Once I reach 500 "Likes" Ill have a drawing for some free sponsor stuff... So check it out..

Pete

PeteMarinoGuideService.com

Facebook.. Pete Marino Fishing

cell (909) 241-8283

Pete,

I "liked" your facebook page. I enjoy reading your stuff here and enjoyed reading your facebook stuff. A guy can never get enough fishing knowledge.