Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Late report from the kids Co-op

Default Late report from the kids Co-op

Last Saturday was the kids Co-op at Irvine Lake. It is a great event that Hitts has worked hard with the Irvine Lake staff to make a really great day on the water for these kids and their families. First off I would like to thank the great Irvine Lake staff and my fellow Team57 members for making this event happen. It was truly a success! And a very big thank you to all of the sponsors that donated their time and prizes to make sure that every child left with a great prize and a huge smile! Now on to my report-

I got my daughter Sammie up at 3:45 am to head down to the Vine for this event. I was a little concerned she was going to be tired and grumpy but that was not the case at all! She was excited about going on her first trout fishing trip. She has caught fish in the past but I had not yet taken her trout fishing. All she could say on the drive to the Vine was, are we there yet! lol

Once we got to the shore and started fishing the anticipation of the first fish was making us both excited. As a guy who usually trolls I was second guessing myself as to bait and rig. How does this powerbait and nightcrawler stuff work again? lol

After about a hour my boy Travis hooked up on the dropshot with one of his custom Fools Bait trout worms and quickly handed the rod of to my Sammie. She was battleing her first trout like a champ. She landed it and was grinning from ear to ear! Thanks again BigFool!

After a move to a new spot I tossed out a inflated nightcrawler and it got hammered. The battle was on and my little girl followed the fish and kept the rod tip up like a champ. After a few minute battle she had a 2+# Tailwalker at the net. Woohoo With all the cheering from fellow Team57 teammates she just felt like she was a queen.

She ended the day with her first 2 trout ever, some great raffle prizes, and some blind bogie money. But without a doubt it is the memory of this day that will forever be with us both.

Such a great daddy daughter day at the Vine with my Team57 family putting on a great event!
    Last edited by 5150fishn; 02-26-2015 at 09:33 AM.

I'll try and see if I can upload the video I took of that EPIC battle on here !! I was glad to be there to catch that moment! Them tailwakers are no joke! The April Farm fest should be great fighting those fish lmao ! Great job DAD !

Great pics and report brother Dan, You got some memories that will never be forgotten there. Now get her on a monster cat :) You The Man

Thanks Armando and Rob! It was no doubt a special day for all in attendance!

AWESOME day at the lake, I loved seeing the guys I met here on FNN with their kids (and grandkids) that are representing the next generation of fishermen and women....

"LIVE ACTION!!!"

Thank you to all that made this special day happen...from those in attendance to the sponsors and of course Irvine Lake!

TD

Smile

Nice job Dan... looks like your daughter will be more than ready for HG7.

I was so happy to be there. It was funny when i rubbed your daughters lucky fishing hat.your a great dad there buddy.