Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2/20 Legg Lake and killed it!

Default 2/20 Legg Lake and killed it!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20150220_165855.jpg 
Views:	260 
Size:	90.9 KB 
ID:	45860 Rolled up around 430p and ate a quick burrito from Omana's. I always start in the South Lake and scouted for Crappie. No takes. First cast, snag and lost my set up. Replaced with small white LipRiprz and drop shot 1" Berkley Shad. Couple casts in and bam! Nice lil' 2 pounder. That's the pic I posted. Casted way too many times with this set-up.
    Switched to a drop shot 3" Berkley Shad and 1/4 oz. weight. Long cast but all fish in close; from 10-20 feet out. Worked fast with light out andslowed way down when lights out. 6 bass in 2hrs. Killer day.

ps I tried to post the bait but here is the link http://www.berkley-fishing.com/Gulp%...d.html#start=1

Congrats on a great legg trip.
    Omanas is my favorite spot ever!!!

Nice,I'll be hitting that spot this week,thanks for the report.

Cya Tuna Vic

Nice job dude! It's nice to see the lake with an improving bass population. The cormorants are thick as always though. lol and it looks like I have a place to grab some grub now before heading to Legg.

Great Job! those bass sure made up for that initial cast

6. Default

great job, how was the living situation there?

Not sure what you mean on the living situation CrouchingNinja. Yeah it was a good day. Seams like a drop shot is the ticket there. I went Thursday morning and switched to a natural worm color; the 3" version to entice 3 bass that morning.

Nice work! Question, how far between hook and weight?

Jig'n (matt)

Quote Originally Posted by jig'n View Post
    Nice work! Question, how far between hook and weight?

Jig'n (matt)
    1 foot between.
    I was there yesterday afternoon. Killed it with my compa. I fished exclusively off that pier. I caught a few bass, a crazy trout (he had all his fins, beautiful steely color so I determined he's lived in that lake for a while. He was pissed off!), a tilapia and missed a bunch of bumps. Probably bluegill. My bro caught a trout (bigger), some bass and a 12" Crappie that was simply awesome to know they are still in that lake. Keep changing colors to find it. They are there man.
    All fish released. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20150304_154728-1.jpg 
Views:	253 
Size:	101.1 KB 
ID:	45886

10. Default

im sorry I got confused between the lake your talking about and another one lol.

on another note -- damn man that's awesome! great job on the catches

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast