Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tragic loss for Team 57 and the fishing community

Really was interested in donating ... but couldn't get any help with info. Did it really happen? Was it a private thing?

Sorry

If you look through this thread there is a go fund me site set up now.http://www.gofundme.com/nml5p0. Here it is. Thank you for your interest in helping out the family of TK in this tough time Billy B!
    Last edited by 5150fishn; 03-05-2015 at 05:47 PM.

Thanks 5150

I didn't communicate well. My bad.

I just wanted to know if there was a site where I could go to find out what happened. I have no idea ... don't know the person ... etc. I was disappointed that people ignored my request - post.

Oh well

Quote Originally Posted by billy b View Post
    Really was interested in donating ... but couldn't get any help with info. Did it really happen? Was it a private thing?

Sorry
    "Did it really happen?" Come on billy really? Aside from the pure nature of this post, I've been a member here almost as long as you, with 9000+ posts

As far as it being private, is there really such a thing in today's digital age? I figured if you knew how to log on to FNN you could play detective and google his name on your own time. Check your inbox.

I hope you're still interested in donating.

TD

I feel that was uncalled for.

A long time member of 57 deserves better than that.

I know how to google ... etc. Where was I to get any information? I don't know his name ... only initials and picture ... don't have any info where it happened ... how it happened ... etc. ... too google. I just wanted to know a little bit about the person and circumstances ... because of connecting and also praying for the family. May be strange to you.

My question about being "private" is because I come from a polite generation. I don't intrude when it could be personal business.

My post is a little calmer than I am. I guess it's because I don't belong to the posters who like to smart ---

I did donate ... maybe if I had read your post first ...

Sounds like I don't run with your type.
    Last edited by billy b; 03-06-2015 at 02:22 PM.

Billy B I feel as though under the circumstance Troutdog was justified in his reaction to your post. I know several who were, to say the least upset with your comment, " did it really happen"! As if this was all a made up story. As far as getting back to you in a timely manner, well we have been a little busy setting up benefit tournaments, and getting the word out there for the family. So unfortunately we have not been able to get back to every inquiry as fast as we would like to. We did not feel that it was important to most to know the gory details of TK's death which is why we did not see that sharing it on the forum was necessary. But now you have the story as you requested. I do want to thank you for your generous donation for the family.
    Last edited by 5150fishn; 03-06-2015 at 03:00 PM.

Fine ... we're cut from a different cloth. I said "I didn't communicate correctly" ... "my bad" ... Speaks about me

No response to my inquiry ... makes me at fault ... okay
    I didn't say it was a "made up story" ... I didn't say anything about "timely manner" ... just no response when I was interested.
    BTW ... ever been near to someone who said, "I can't believe it ... what happened" Oh, I guess not ... my bad. I never posted that I thought it was a scam in my first post ... just wondered if someone could tell me where I could get some info.

As you can see I've been around a while. Even attended events from up here in Nevada. Was close to the founder and his wife ... Big Bob etc. I feel if a member of the 57 family dies ... or other severe things happen ... it would be nice to know how to support and pray.

Never asked for "gory details" Didn't ask for anyone to type out a post. I guess it's unreasonable to want to know something (as I already mentioned above) about who I was being asked to give to and care about?

I know you folks are upset ... and not surprised ... I do memorial - funeral services and work with grieving friends and families. Thanks for taking your anger out on me

Y'alls reaction to having someone jump in my ____ says enough.

You win. Maybe it's time for me to leave.

Let's drop it ... you don't need to spend your grieving time with me.

Be blessed in your grief !
    Last edited by billy b; 03-06-2015 at 04:28 PM.

Billy I think you meant Dana, he was the founder of Team 57.

My apologies if my response was harsh in your eyes, understand this has been a very difficult time and the way I was interpreting your question made me feel like you were questioning the validity of this post.

I agree lets drop it.

On behalf of the Team 57 and TK's family I do thank you for your donation to the cause.

TD

BillyB, I like Troutdog jumped on your case and for that I do apologize! I believe that you meant well and I guess I read into your comments too much. Thank you again for your donation. Not sure who Big Bob is but Dana Rea was the founder of Team57.

TTT for a needy family! Every dollar helps.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast