Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Legg Lake (2/22/15)

Default Legg Lake (2/22/15)

Long time no post! Haven't posted in a few years, since I used to live next to Lake Perris and float tube it everyday.

Anyhow, went to check out Legg lake for the first time since its just down the street a ways. Brought the wife and kids and just walked the first 2 lakes and drop shotted a robo worm. No luck, not even a bite. But felt good to get out there again!

Managed to miss all the rain but maybe 5 minutes worth.

Any tips/tricks or pointers for this place? Probably going to start fishing here a few times a week in the AM once the family head out.

Thanks in advance for any help here!

jig'n (matt)

That's what it will take,"fishing the lake a few times a week " there's a lot of fish in the lakes,but their not easy to catch except maybe for the stocked trout,but if you go a lot I'm sure you'll figure it out.

Cya Tuna Vic

Just keep at em and change it up sometimes. Legg bass are unorthodox IMO but once dialed, you can have a great day on those lakes.

Thanks TUNAVIC and Fishbones!

I am headed out there this Saturday again. Getting a group together to hangout and do some BBQ. Probably throw out some night crawlers and meal worms for the kids to hopefully get a chance to reel something in.

I will let you know how it goes :)

Jig'n (matt)

Awesome!! Good luck!!

Be sure to let us know the results.

Cya Tuna Vic

Hello guys I was there on Saturday for trout fishing. I have been told by park staff that only the south lake is stocked with trout, parking is $6 in this section but free on the other end if you want to trek it. Got skunked after choosing not to pay for parking or trek it lol.

Georatm, were you that bald dude holding 2 rods?
    Quote Originally Posted by georatm View Post
    Hello guys I was there on Saturday for trout fishing. I have been told by park staff that only the south lake is stocked with trout, parking is $6 in this section but free on the other end if you want to trek it. Got skunked after choosing not to pay for parking or trek it lol.

Be careful with the local cholos.

The South Lake is my first choice there. In my opinion, it's the healthiest of the 3. They keep that water flowing there. The Middle lake is ok. That North lake is skunk city. I've caught bass in all 3. It won't get cookin' until April.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast