Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just moved to indio

Default Just moved to indio

Hello everyone! I just moved to indio and was looking for places to fish. If anyone has info let me know on here! Thanks

Just had fishing derby today at lake Cahuilla in La Quinta. Still some large trout left. Also another stocking next Friday. 8 lb. er won derby. Good luck

How about the All American Canal. Stripers, LMB, Catfish, and carp.

Never fished the canals, I think you have to go more towards the Salton sea though, think it's no fishing all around the Coachella valley. I mostly do dvl and perris.

Lake cahuilla has trout now

you guys ever catch anything on swimmers at cahuilla? i was thinking of hunking a slide swimmer around there this weekend but don't know what the bass size is like in there...

Quote Originally Posted by NFCD I View Post
    How about the All American Canal. Stripers, LMB, Catfish, and carp.
    I fished there for a few hours and didn't have any luck and thre just about everything I own but I was up the canal so I think I should venture down the canal towards thermal

How did you do at the derby? I fished from 6:30-2pm. I had my first and only bite at 7am and caught a 2-3lb cat.

Indio? Take up bowfishing...

The Coachella Canal has great catfishing around Indio. Some LMB too. You can start off of Dillon Road where the canal crosses. Also, the canal in the Niland area is full of "eater size" channel cats. An occasional flathead too, but don't count on it. There are lots of canals in the Calipatria area, and further south into Imperial County farmland. Some have lots of smallmouth bass.
    Keep in mind...the Coachella Canal is posted "No Trespassing". Normally fishing is allowed, but there is a new game warden in the Indio area. Not sure how he interprets the posting. Historically, it's never been an issue.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast