Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Dvl 02/20/15

Default Dvl 02/20/15

Hit DVL yesterday. Water temp 62-64. Saw many LMB on beds. Sight fished for 5 and released all back on the beds. Huge Stripers chasing the recently planted Trout in the marina. Fun to watch. Drifted in 35 feet of water with cut Sardines for 5 Stripers, all over 5 lbs.

Thanks for the report. Just curious and I'm sure someone here knows, what areas are considered "no fishing" areas nearest the launch/marina, or is it the entire marina area? I'm speaking in terms of boat access.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Baja1ab View Post
    Thanks for the report. Just curious and I'm sure someone here knows, what areas are considered "no fishing" areas nearest the launch/marina, or is it the entire marina area? I'm speaking in terms of boat access.

Thanks
    There's a buoy line that runs from the marina itself west to the cove just prior to what is/was considered "3rd cove". All behind that line is shore fishing. Lol, due to the low water level you can practically cast to shore in most of that area now from that line. There are only a few tall white buoys along that line...

Great day for you JailBreak! Thanks for the report...

Was there yesterday also. Caught some, lost a few but we never saw one bed. Where are they? Water was a lot more "green" than a week ago too.

Quote Originally Posted by HawgZWylde View Post
    There's a buoy line that runs from the marina itself west to the cove just prior to what is/was considered "3rd cove". All behind that line is shore fishing. Lol, due to the low water level you can practically cast to shore in most of that area now from that line. There are only a few tall white buoys along that line...

Great day for you JailBreak! Thanks for the report...
    Ok, so besides the shore fishing area you're allowed to fish the rest of the marina area then?

Thanks again