Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Golden Crappie

Default Golden Crappie

You don't see these everyday, but mutations like this do happen. I've seen Largemouths like this, except they are more yellow than gold. I'm just surprised that a fish this bright would survive without getting eaten while it was small. Cool looking though.

It's also interesting that this fish also doesn't have many spots below the lateral line like a black crappie or vertical bars like a white crappie...where was this picture taken?

Wow,that's one striking crappie,very cool!

Cya Tuna Vic

Really is beautiful. I have always thought crappie were a good looking fish anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Stumpknocker View Post
    It's also interesting that this fish also doesn't have many spots below the lateral line like a black crappie or vertical bars like a white crappie...where was this picture taken?
    Sometimes if a crappie is in stained water or is deep, the pigmentation kind of washes out. Here is one I snapped a shot of when I caught it because of its unusual lack of coloring.

It was one of two I caught to take home for supper that night. When I got ready to fillet it, I saw that the coloring had filled back in. It is one of these two. I'm not sure which.

Fishing tales told here - some true.
    The best of Fishbreath.

Thanks for sharing Fishmounter, I have never seen anything like that....... Fishbreath... very cool how the coloring came back.... nature is awesome!

dude that is awesome. I have never seen anything like that before. This is a hole-in-one we got at irvine one day

Looks like God got his hands on CS7 for Unix