Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The OFFICIAL Anaheim Angels 2015 Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Quagga View Post
    I'm a long time Halos fan and that Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim thing pisses me off. I don't think you'll find one true Angel fan that this post will offend.

Quote Originally Posted by Brent View Post
    I'd be OK with it (smoking crack) if it made him actually be able to hit the damn ball again.
    Kind of hoping they suspend him for the year. I love Artie, but Hamilton and Pujols were horrible signings. He needs to let the baseball guys make the baseball decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by FishingwithDave View Post
    Kind of hoping they suspend him for the year. I love Artie, but Hamilton and Pujols were horrible signings. He needs to let the baseball guys make the baseball decisions.
    If suspension means Artie doesn't have to pay him, then I'd be sending Hamilton on a one way trip to Cartegena and hoping for the uh, best, for the organization.

I'm glad someone else thinks those contracts were ludicrous.

Quote Originally Posted by FishingwithDave View Post
    I'm a long time Halos fan and that Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim thing pisses me off. I don't think you'll find one true Angel fan that this post will offend.
    Agree wholeheartedly with that FWD!

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    If suspension means Artie doesn't have to pay him, then I'd be sending Hamilton on a one way trip to Cartegena and hoping for the uh, best, for the organization.

I'm glad someone else thinks those contracts were ludicrous.
    Ludicrous is an understatement Dark.
    At least Pujols got at little work in last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Brent View Post
    Ludicrous is an understatement Dark.
    At least Pujols got at little work in last year.
    Hamilton's working on something I guess.

It is kinda hypocritical the way management is trying to throw him under the bus, though.

As CJ Wilson said, "If Josh was hitting .300 with 35 home runs a year, what's the situation?"

Angels Manager Mike Scioscia came away from a meeting with Josh Hamilton with a feeling of "frustration" that the outfielder is not getting enough help and support after suffering a substance abuse relapse that has triggered an ugly dispute with the team.

"We feel that there's really no clarity that he's getting the help he needs," Scioscia said in an interview with MLB Network Radio on Friday morning.
    Um, Mikey...perhaps management shouldn't be throwing Hamilton under the bus. Perhaps the first area he should be looking for help and support is his own employer?

You know, I liked Mike Scioscia when he wore Dodger Blue and there was a time that I was pissed we didn't get him as a manager. But after seeing his managing style, and the comments he makes above, I'm starting to think the Angels did us a favor by hiring him.

I mean, he's one of the managers in baseball that still calls every pitch. The last time I saw that was in high school. No confidence in your own catcher who manages your pitching staff?

Angels hired 2 individuals to "watch" Hamilton. You want them to have somebody stand by and help him wipe after his constitutional's? I think Arte is a bit PO'd that his huge financial investment has been a bust, seems to me that was his fault and now he's trying to save whatever he can from that ridiculous contract for an obviously troubled individual.

I am getting concerned with Scioscia but hey he was good enough to take 2 of 3 and tied the last one from the great and almighty Dodgers during the freeway series. I'll wait till after this season plays out, but I do think Scioscia might be a bit of an antique at this point.

For your reading enjoyment.

http://freeway-series.com/

A couple stats for you DS

Mike Trout

HR's 3
    Avg 444

Yasiel Puig

HR's 2
    Avg 222

Yea I know Dodgers have a better record but once the Angels let the drug addict play again they'll go undefeated the rest of the year! I think a little coke is what's been missing from Hamilton's daily routine, I'd hook him up with Puig I'm sure he has some contacts.

Adrian Gonzalez

5 hrs

.600 avg

11 RBI

Trout

Eats Rainbow powerbait

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast