Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fin and Feather opening day

Default Fin and Feather opening day

Sorry for the late post. Opening weekend (saturday-monday) was awesome, with only 2 of my 15 fish going under 2lbs. Biggest was 7 lbs. Most between 2-3 lbs. Most had limits. Great place to fish for only $265 a year. Many bass being caught and released also. 4 lb red ear caught last week. Pics on facebook. Only bummer was getting a hook buried in my finger. Had to be cut out with exacto.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20150202_122845.jpg 
Views:	397 
Size:	96.2 KB 
ID:	45838   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20150131_115710.jpg 
Views:	386 
Size:	97.6 KB 
ID:	45839   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20150201_112655.jpg 
Views:	439 
Size:	96.0 KB 
ID:	45840  
    Last edited by fishfinder; 02-20-2015 at 07:58 AM.

Congrats on a great opening day slay! 7# is a nice fish!!

I'm always fishing the aqueduct and looking down on that lake.
    Hope the hook extraction wasn't too painful.
    I've been lucky enough to have never been hooked yet, and I decked on boats for a few years too.

Congrats on the catching!

OWE!

$265 a year?? It's not worth it!! There are nothing but trout in that lake!!

MM

Quote Originally Posted by MarkyMark View Post

MM
    If your on a tight budget, every penny counts and that's understandable!!! But if you got money to burn, $265 a year is pretty cheap for a good time. Let's do the math, if you only go 6 times a season, that's less then $50 a trip. If you catch your limit and have a great time at $50 bucks a pop that's cheap!!!!! If you don't believe me, ask my GF. If I can get away with 50 bucks for a nights entertainment "I scored"!!!!!! Try Ocean fishing, $50 gets you on a Half-Day trip and that usually isn't much. (Except for this year) $265 that's one overnight trip to San Diego!!! So that's only 1 good time (provided you caught any fish) My whole point, Money and fishing are not relevant, you can't put a price on a good time, "IF YOU HAVE THE MONEY!!!!" If you don't that's a whole different ball game. Don't think I'm a snob either, I spend most of my time at the Free lakes CA has to offer. (I'm a fish aholic!!!) However, I will pay the price for any good fishing trip that I want to go on.
    Last edited by etucker1959; 03-03-2015 at 08:54 AM.

MM
    mark you are a member their, and you know about the bass and huge crappie. 4lb red ear caught this year.

Quote Originally Posted by etucker1959 View Post
    If your on a tight budget, every penny counts and that's understandable!!! But if you got money to burn, $265 a year is pretty cheap for a good time. Let's do the math, if you only go 6 times a season, that's less then $50 a trip. If you catch your limit and have a great time at $50 bucks a pop that's cheap!!!!! If you don't believe me, ask my GF. If I can get away with 50 bucks for a nights entertainment "I scored"!!!!!! Try Ocean fishing, $50 gets you on a Half-Day trip and that usually isn't much. (Except for this year) $265 that's one overnight trip to San Diego!!! So that's only 1 good time (provided you caught any fish) My whole point, Money and fishing are not relevant, you can't put a price on a good time, "IF YOU HAVE THE MONEY!!!!" If you don't that's a whole different ball game. Don't think I'm a snob either, I spend most of my time at the Free lakes CA has to offer. (I'm a fish aholic!!!) However, I will pay the price for any good fishing trip that I want to go on.

yeah, I have spent more than that going to pyramid and Castaic before I joined.

Quote Originally Posted by etucker1959 View Post
    Relax dude, I'm giving fishfinder a hard time...been a member 8 years!

MM

Nice stringer! good job!!

Relax dude, I'm giving fishfinder a hard time...been a member 8 years!

MM

yeah, it's the usual with this guy.

He IS smarter than everyone else!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ya know that, right???????

Don't let him fool you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*He's just trying to throw you off with logic, math (higher math I might add, lol!!!!!!!!!!!) and saying and doing things he usually doesn't do or say, but is willing to make the exception to PROVE his point. LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He's a snobber bobber, look!!!!!!!!!!! you see him bobbin'????????

*my last post for etucker. say what u will "e", i'll just read it...

Last edited by hookdfisherman; 03-03-2015 at 01:46 PM. Reason: i'm done.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast