Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: The OFFICIAL 2015 Los Angeles Dodgers Thread - Sponsored by McCourt's Parking Lots

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    One of the good things that I've seen from the new GM(s) is that the moment another team asks for any of those prospects, the phone connection dies mysteriously. Unlike Colleti, who would trade 12 of our guys for a new suit, these new GM(s) know when to hold firm. Pederson, Urias and Seager should be in blue for a while. In fact, if anybody even mentioned Pederson, i'd also hang up the phone so that word runs around that we're not messing around; unlike Fox who would deplete the entire farm system because someone offered them a 4% tax cut.

McCarthy was a gamble that we rolled the dice on, and it became snake eyes. It happens. We have the deep pockets to deal with his early departure.

Ryu? He threw a few pitches off the mound a few days ago, but apparently there's no clear distinction on when he comes back. I'll keep listening to the pundits who think that our injuries early in the year may be a blessing in disguise. My big bet is that Ruben Amaro is a bigger moron than our front office, so if we do get Hammels, we'll get him for a few canisters of Skoal and 12 bats. We may throw in 13 bats.

Even with the injuries, I'm still loving the depth of the team, which is what large pockets get you. Unlike SF, our injuries aren't causing us to be at the bottom of the cellar.
    TroutDog, get off of DarkShadow's account!!!

Quote Originally Posted by City Dad View Post
    TroutDog, get off of DarkShadow's account!!!
    Dodgers Projected Record: 13-149

a good time had by all on Friday night. (Nothing like playing the Diamondbacks to make a team feel all competent inside!)

a good time had by all on Friday night. (Nothing like playing the Diamondbacks to make a team feel all competent inside!)
    Way to represent, CD and CG! No Dodger Dog was safe that night. Didya get to go on the field for the fireworks? Did you pick up some center field grass? You can eBay once Pederson becomes ROY!

Way to represent, CD and CG! No Dodger Dog was safe that night. Didya get to go on the field for the fireworks? Did you pick up some center field grass? You can eBay once Pederson becomes ROY!
    CG and CS both had early softball games on Saturday, so we hit the road after the game.

Last year CG got Joc's autograph at Spring Training - which is almost as good as center field grass.

Last year CG got Joc's autograph at Spring Training - which is almost as good as center field grass.
    I'll trade you an autographed empty beer cup that was signed by the Hall of Famer, Chad Fonville, for that worthless Joc autograph.

Offer is limited.

I'll trade you an autographed empty beer cup that was signed by the Hall of Famer, Chad Fonville, for that worthless Joc autograph.

Offer is limited.
    Gotta put up some pics of CG's collection... stay tuned.

Yasmani GRoidal!!!

Joc P.E.D.erson!!!

Yasmani GRoidal!!!

Joc P.E.D.erson!!!
    can't you ever let us enjoy anything??????

can't you ever let us enjoy anything??????
    Hey, at least I'm not taking away your peanuts, and no, this is not an article from The Onion, although I wish it sorta was :-\

http://www.scpr.org/news/2015/05/10/...y-game-may-11/

When the Dodgers face off against the Florida Marlins on May 11, some attendees with peanut allergies will be able to enjoy the game without the fear of ingesting them.
    One section of Dodger Stadium will be cleaned to be free of any and all peanut products Monday. It's part of Major League Baseball's push to cater to baseball fans who are allergic to peanuts with "peanut-sensitive" games.

"It is so important when any Major League Baseball [team] or any major sporting event validates this condition by saying, 'You know what, we want our fans to be comfortable,'" says Louise Larsen, founder of Parents Of Kids With A Severe Peanut Allergy, The Blog.

She tells KPCC it's a way to help children with allergies feel relaxed and safe at a baseball game.
    So, in the 7th inning, they will also replace the lyrics "buy me some peanuts and cracker jacks," with "buy me an EpiPenŽ and carrot sticks..."

And, more importantly, if we can't eat peanuts that day, what am I supposed to throw at LQ?

Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast