Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 LastLast

Thread: The OFFICIAL 2015 Los Angeles Dodgers Thread - Sponsored by McCourt's Parking Lots

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post

5. Ethier yelling at Mattingly just shows how little respect and control this guy has in the clubhouse. The fact that the team showed zero fighting back when they were down this series? Clubhouse attitude can be attributed to one person. But let's sign him for another 3 years and say that because he's a 'nice guy and signed my baseball,' means he shouldn't be held accountable for the team's performance.

6. Go Cubs.
    okay... now, who else is there besides Mattingly?

Quote Originally Posted by City Dad View Post
    okay... now, who else is there besides Mattingly?
    Unfortunately, we didn't strike when the iron was hot when the last competent individual was without a job. We snooze, we lose.

I don't think our next manager, or two managers for that matter, will NOT be the long term solution. Front office's responsibility is to realize that there is no long term solution in the near term, and we need a bridge (or two) to get us across to the point where a clear solution is unveiled.

Rollins managed the team pretty well for that last game of the season. Why don't we give him a shot. ;-)
    Last edited by DarkShadow; 10-19-2015 at 02:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    Unfortunately, we didn't strike when the iron was hot when the last competent individual was without a job. We snooze, we lose.

I don't think our next manager, or two managers for that matter, will be the long term solution. Front office's responsibility is to realize that there is no long term solution in the near term, and we need a bridge (or two) to get us across to the point where a clear solution is unveiled.

Rollins managed the team pretty well for that last game of the season. Why don't we give him a shot. ;-)

"Ladies and gentlemen, may I introduce the new manager of the Los Angeles Dodgers, Ron Roenicke."

Quote Originally Posted by City Dad View Post
    "Ladies and gentlemen, may I introduce the new manager of the Los Angeles Dodgers, Ron Roenicke."
    That's my guess.

He'll have the moniker of "interim Manager" and he won't even bat an eye.

I'd be like, "Interim? What's that mean? I should keep my resumé updated?!"

He'll be the perfect bridge to get to someone who has a better in game managerial prowess than ole Donny.

I wonder how many days Donny has left on the payroll. I have a few balls that need signing and I hear he's great with balls.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2015/1...s-manager.html

Hope McGwire has his bags ready as well.

It HAD to be done.....Freidman is gonna get HIS guy....(Dave Martinez, perhaps??).

MM

It's clear that no World Series again meant Mattingly had to go, but it's ironic that, for a management team that lives and breathes sabermetrics, any likely replacement they pick will not have any statistical measurement (e.g., win/loss percentage, playoff record) at the major league level that is higher than Mattingly's, unless they pick Dusty Baker.

Quote Originally Posted by Stumpknocker View Post
    It's clear that no World Series again meant Mattingly had to go, but it's ironic that, for a management team that lives and breathes sabermetrics, any likely replacement they pick will not have any statistical measurement (e.g., win/loss percentage, playoff record) at the major league level that is higher than Mattingly's, unless they pick Dusty Baker.
    2015 MLB payroll:
    LA Dodgers--314m
    KC Royals--138m
    Toronto --125m
    NY Mets--120m

Says a lot..wow!

(source: spotrac.com)
    Last edited by MarkyMark; 10-23-2015 at 01:51 PM. Reason: sp

Not defending Mattingly...I also disagreed with lots of his managerial moves/nonmoves, but unless they get to a world series with the same guys and a different manager, the huge Dodger payroll without a pennant to show for it is likely more a measure of poor expenditures on the part of ownership and upper management.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkyMark View Post
    2015 MLB payroll:
    LA Dodgers--314m
    KC Royals--138m
    Toronto --125m
    NY Mets--120m

Says a lot..wow!

(source: spotrac.com)
    Check out the 2015 breakdown. Looks like a big chunk of coin went to players who didn't even play.

Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 LastLast