Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: The OFFICIAL 2015 Los Angeles Dodgers Thread - Sponsored by McCourt's Parking Lots

Quote Originally Posted by City Dad View Post
    Mat Latos and the light-hitting Michael Morse? Or do we take a Leake? Or do we pay the Price? (stop me before I pun again...)
    I sure hope they don't give up much from the minors for those guys...and why do the Dodgers need another outfielder?

Quote Originally Posted by Stumpknocker View Post
    ...and why do the Dodgers need another outfielder?
    The front office just bought another competitive balance pick by taking on Morse.

Apparently Miami received the 5th Round A selection in next year's draft in this year's competitive balance lottery.
    Last edited by DarkShadow; 07-29-2015 at 11:57 AM.

I just hope the DirectTV and AT&T merger gets the job done

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    The front office just bought another competitive balance pick by taking on Morse.
    DS sure loves him some Farhan Zaidi, doncha, DS?

City Leo and I will be at the game tonight... but will Kershaw be there??? Will this be the last Puig Bobble-head night??? Will the Latos, Morse announcement come before game time??? Will Turners leg go gangrenous and fall off??? Tune in tonight on channel... oh, wait... never mind.

Quote Originally Posted by City Dad View Post
    DS sure loves him some Farhan Zaidi, doncha, DS?
    After having DePodesta and Colleti at the helm for so many fruitless years, anything would've been a positive change.

(Then again, we're about to lose possession of first place here soon)

LOL, so apparently the trade above wasn't "100%." The new new trade is:

JULY 29: The Dodgers, Marlins and Braves have reportedly swung what appears to be one of the most complex three-team trades in recent history, though nothing will become official tonight. The “basic” structure of the deal (though there’s nothing basic about this move) is as follows: the Dodgers will receive right-hander Mat Latos and first baseman Michael Morse from the Marlins. They’ll also add top prospect Jose Peraza and pitchers Alex Wood, Jim Johnson and Luis Avilan from the Braves. Atlanta, in turn, will receive Cuban infielder Hector Olivera, lefty Paco Rodriguez and minor leaguer Zachary Bird from the Dodgers. The Braves are also picking up Miami’s Competitive Balance Round A pick in next year’s draft (No. 35 overall). The Marlins will come out of this deal with three minor league pitchers — Kevin Guzman, Jeff Brigham and Victor Araujo — plus the financial relief of shedding the remaining $14.3MM that is owed to Latos and Morse.
    You got all that?

I presume we'll know shop Wood to the Tigers in hopes of Price.
    Last edited by DarkShadow; 07-30-2015 at 09:10 AM.

Looks like there's no telling what's up until Friday afternoon...

Looks like there's no telling what's up until Friday afternoon...
    Aaaand...no Price.

All I see is a bunch of low risk, low reward trading by the GMs. Wish they had the cojones to actually do something big, but atleast we didn't just give up major prospects like the Blue Jays did for a 2 month rental.

We did get Latos and Wood outta this entire thing. Something tells me the Dodgers are done making moves, and this is the roster that we'll have to make the Post Season run.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    Aaaand...no Price.

All I see is a bunch of low risk, low reward trading by the GMs. Wish they had the cojones to actually do something big, but atleast we didn't just give up major prospects like the Blue Jays did for a 2 month rental.

We did get Latos and Wood outta this entire thing. Something tells me the Dodgers are done making moves, and this is the roster that we'll have to make the Post Season run.
    Yep...probably better to keep Seager et al...they're gonna need them next year when they probably wouldn't have Price anyways...it'll be interesting to see if they will cough up enough cash to keep Grienke

Yep...probably better to keep Seager et al...they're gonna need them next year when they probably wouldn't have Price anyways...it'll be interesting to see if they will cough up enough cash to keep Grienke

they may need to pass around a hat... but I sure hope they can scrape together enough to keep Ol' Crazy Eyes

Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast