Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Laguna Niguel 2/18/2015

Default Laguna Niguel 2/18/2015

First time visiting this lake and I have to admit that I will definitely be back!
    Got some intel from Etucker loaded up the truck and off we go, surprisingly thee girlfriend actually wanted to head out with me. On the road by 4:30am and in the water by 6:10am the morning started off pretty slow with no bites till 10am, Threw out a jig had a follower but spit it out right at shore “bummer” but next thing you know my powerbait rod goes off and boom fish on I almost forgot how these tailwalkers fight , It was game on from 10am till 2pm and talk about a wide open bite we landed a total of 7 trout and about 4 to 5 misses all caught on Chartreuse powerbait dipped in bite on garlic with a 18 inch leader. Story of the day since we were just killing these trout some fellow fisherman named andy came and asked whats the secret ? I told him green powerbait and long leader I even showed him my set up & gave him some egg sinkers to throw on his Carolina rig set up. He still wasn’t landing anything and he came back and said “I just want to catch one fish” so I go to his spot and check his set ups he didn’t put a leader between the hook and the weight , the weight is sitting on the hook. I taught him how to set up the rods and threw it out for him, I told him “if you don’t catch a trout I will personally give you my limit” next thing you know 10 mins later he has a double up! I never seen somebody smile so much from ear to ear. Mission Accomplished feels good hooking somebody up its always great fishing with a good crowd
    My girlfriend tells me “I only like fishing when we catch fish” don’t we all ahaha
    Till next time

My go to weapon 5''5' spinmatic

An employee from there told me that this is the "Golden Spot" i think it was

The Laguna Niguel Victims All quality 2 to 3 Pounders
    Last edited by Mr T-rex; 02-19-2015 at 10:04 AM.

That's happened to me several times there. For some reason the tailwalkers sometimes get really active when it gets warm and the sun comes out. They love to troll baits after 10am.

I am surprised they adapted to water so fast usually the tailwalkers take days to adapt after a stocking !
    I seen a couple of guys on a boat really smakcing them

Quote Originally Posted by bighuff View Post
    That's happened to me several times there. For some reason the tailwalkers sometimes get really active when it gets warm and the sun comes out. They love to troll baits after 10am.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr T-rex View Post
    I am surprised they adapted to water so fast usually the tailwalkers take days to adapt after a stocking !
    I seen a couple of guys on a boat really smakcing them
    I'm glad you got some!!!! My buddy just got off the phone with me about their results in a Boat today Thursday the 19th. 21 Tailwalkers to #7 lbs all caught on white mice tails with a pink head dipped in Garlic!!!!!! LNL is a good place to go right now!!!! Anybody want to go tomorrow?????????????

Nice i can only imagine how the bite was today, someone got a 9lber yesterday and i seen a 9lber cruising the shore but didnt mind trying to get it to bite my jig!
    I think i might have to pull off the cough cough trick to see if i can take tomorrow off

Quote Originally Posted by etucker1959 View Post
    I'm glad you got some!!!! My buddy just got off the phone with me about their results in a Boat today Thursday the 19th. 21 Tailwalkers to #7 lbs all caught on white mice tails with a pink head dipped in Garlic!!!!!! LNL is a good place to go right now!!!! Anybody want to go tomorrow?????????????

Quote Originally Posted by etucker1959 View Post
    21 Tailwalkers to #7 lbs all caught on white mice tails with a pink head dipped in Garlic!!!!!!
    Those Tallywackers is where it's at!

etuck, you know if they eat flies?

I've seen guys getting them on big streamers this year

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    Those Tallywackers is where it's at!

etuck, you know if they eat flies?
    Yes they do!!!!! Towards the end of the season, which is soon approaching they go ape dody for the flies!!!!!! Last year they were already on them big time for at least a month earlier then now. This year it's very late.