Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Your most favorite car.

92 honda civic si hatchback. Not talking about POS looking cars from fast and furious neither. After a full engine swap that thing would run with the best. 2 kids later i still miss my car :(

I had a 66 red Lemans convertible for about 40 years. Had a glass back window installed ... and kept it cherry for about 45 years ... original spoke wheels ... etc.
    Sold it to a guy in Sweden. bought it late in 1966 sold it in 2007. It was Mrs Lawry's car of Lawry's seasonings and Lawry's restaurant. Drove it on my honeymoon ... and so did my son on his.

Sure miss my 1964 Porsche SC with a 6 volt electric sunroof. Bought it in 1978 for $3200 and sold it in 1984 for $8500.
    It would be worth about $60,000 now. Dammit
    OPF Goat would be big money nowadays and that Healey.

Devore is that a original Cobra of a kit ?
    DR

Favorite car I ever owned?

1979 Datsun 280ZX. Straight-6, same motor as in DS's 210. Installed a push-button start when I couldn't turn it over with the key. Sold it after some *sshole tried to steal it. (He couldn't figure out how to start it, but he did manage to destroy the ignition switch had I recently replaced, caused the gas to overflow onto the driveway, and kill my battery.) Tried to buy it back (seller's remorse), but the new owner managed to total it after less than a month. C'est la vie.

Favorite car ever?

'72 Pinto hatchback. Without the hubcaps.
    Last edited by Lady Quagga; 02-18-2015 at 10:01 PM.

Prior to my current career I worked in the automotive aftermarket and off road suspension industry for 13 years so I've never, ever driven anything stock. Even today I'm still semi-addicted to modding my vehicles.

I've had a lot of fancy, big, fast, etc cars/trucks but "Big Red" was by far my most favorite "functional" ride. I sold her to fund the purchase of my bass boat. It was bitter/sweet.

What was left of a 1993 Jeep YJ - Custom Deaver spring over Axle suspension, Fox 2.0 shocks, front shackle reversal, Currie rear shackles. Dana 44 front axle w Superior "Super 88" chromoly axles inner/outer, Detroit locker, Warn premium hubs, Reid Racing flat top knuckles & Ballistic Fab high-steer kit, rear Ford 8.8 w Superior chromoly axles, Detroit locker, 4:56 gears in both, Dana 300 t-case w LoMax 4:1 kit, & twin stick kit, Currie bumpers front/rear, Warn 10k winch, Mastercraft seats & belts front/rear, sound system, family cage, rock lights, a host of engine performance parts, 35" BFGs on Allied Beadlocks, 15lbs CO2 air-up system, Gen Right fenders all around and probably a bunch of other stuff I am forgetting.

I hit every trail in Big Bear in every direction in just about every weather condition imaginable. Calico, Johnson Valley, Rattlesnake/Mottino, Cougar Buttes, etc. She will be missed......

Last edited by Baja1ab; 02-18-2015 at 09:33 PM.

Cool!! My dream was to have a jeep like that, I just love desert off roading but only had stock stuff. I still have a Toyota 4x4 V 6 that I take out sometimes. I love exploring the desert.
    Last edited by old pudd fisher; 02-18-2015 at 09:52 PM.

DR my Healey is an original car and not a restoration. My business partners Cobra is a kit that he built in seven days four years ago. Powered by a 351 Cleveland it lifts the front wheels on launch, he even did the paint work, master craft builder he is.

That Healey is a gem.

Quote Originally Posted by DEVOREFLYER View Post
    DR my Healey is an original car and not a restoration. My business partners Cobra is a kit that he built in seven days four years ago. Powered by a 351 Cleveland it lifts the front wheels on launch, he even did the paint work, master craft builder he is.

That is a bad *** car you got there my friend. I had the pleasure of seeing that in the garage that day I stopped by...

Stormcrow we got to hook up fish and tell war stories.....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast