Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Cabo - Ninja Style 10/05~08/2007

Default Re: Cabo - Ninja Style 10/05~08/2007

Baseballer & Victor, thanks for reading!! This trip was a little different in that I had to balance fishing with personal life. For next year, I think I will jump on the Cabo Loco Tour and convince as many of you FNN and NBU boyz & girlz to go with! It's hard explaining the adrenaline rush to someone who has little interest in fishing!

Quote Originally Posted by ymin72
    welcome back Joe. awesome trip and congratulations on your honeymoon.

was that your first dorado? did you eat the heart?
    too bad you didnt hook into any wahoo cause i really really wanted to try some.

btw, did you take your own gear down there?

Mike, thanks!
    No, this was not my first dodo. Just my first Cabo Dodo.
    Yeah, according to the Capt. wahoo hunting is a whole different game. He told me that next time to bring Rapalas if I want to hunt them.

I brought my 3 Kencor/Avet setups: 25#, 30# and 40# (2-speed). The 40# is the only one that saw any real action. I think next time I go, I will bring the 40# and my 135# troller. These beasts are definitely not line shy by any means!!

Nice work buddy! Next year bring your wife with us like everyone else and you should have any issues! Reading this thread really makes me miss it down there.

Duc

So Duc, how many PMs a day do you get about next year's Cabo Loco tour?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by Funjunkie74
    Quote Originally Posted by ymin72
    welcome back Joe. awesome trip and congratulations on your honeymoon.

was that your first dorado? did you eat the heart?
    too bad you didnt hook into any wahoo cause i really really wanted to try some.

btw, did you take your own gear down there?

Mike, thanks!
    No, this was not my first dodo. Just my first Cabo Dodo.
    Yeah, according to the Capt. wahoo hunting is a whole different game. He told me that next time to bring Rapalas if I want to hunt them.

I brought my 3 Kencor/Avet setups: 25#, 30# and 40# (2-speed). The 40# is the only one that saw any real action. I think next time I go, I will bring the 40# and my 135# troller. These beasts are definitely not line shy by any means!!

Nice! My Senator is waiting to see some real action as well :) Did you have your SX with you? Or is that too light? I may have to start gearing up for next year! I *really* want to join the Cabo Loco tour! I've been wanting to for the past two years (esp. after coming across last year's [2006] posts. The ones from this 2007 trip just made me drool that much more). I can never seem to find any friends of mine who would be down to go though, and *something* always comes up... whether it's not enough vacation or some other stupid thing (i.e. more weddings... :? haha)

Quote Originally Posted by jplee3
    Nice! My Senator is waiting to see some real action as well :) Did you have your SX with you? Or is that too light? I may have to start gearing up for next year! I *really* want to join the Cabo Loco tour! I've been wanting to for the past two years (esp. after coming across last year's [2006] posts. The ones from this 2007 trip just made me drool that much more). I can never seem to find any friends of mine who would be down to go though, and *something* always comes up... whether it's not enough vacation or some other stupid thing (i.e. more weddings... :? haha)

Yeah, the SX came with me. It's the one with the 25# test that got busted by a GIANT!!
    Maybe fishing in San Jose Del Cabo is a little different than Cabo San Lucas. I didn't have much choice or chance to fish with 30# or 25#. Everything is straight trolling and the dorado definitely put up a REAL GOOD FIGHT!!!

But considering the equipment supplied by the panga, I think what you have will do fine. Just got to spool heavier on it. Definitely spectra backing to gain overall length.

FJ74

Lots my friend...

Quote Originally Posted by ahhvtec
    Lots my friend...
    Sorry to hear that...
    ================================================== ====================================
    FELLOW FNNers!!! NOW HEAR THIS!! STOP PM-ing DUC about next year's Cabo Loco Tour!!
    Although considered by many as a "FISHING GOD" to many, he is not a FORTUNE COOKIE and doesn't have the slightest clue of what's going to happen or not happen!! As in the past, he generously posts the sign up posting when the time is right. (Usually January when he feels like it.)

The man needs to work, keep his family happy and take me out on his boat! Stop the harassment!!
    ================================================== ====================================
    I hope this helps.

Duc, you have a boat? What the F are we waiting for?!?!!

Quote Originally Posted by k3vin_kim
    Duc, you have a boat? What the F are we waiting for?!?!!
    I think that if we went I would have to tow a tanker behind us. LOL.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast