Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: freighter fishing

Default freighter fishing

Hi all, someone asked me a question I am passing along to those in the know. If you are a hand on a freighter, in the harbor or docked, do you need a fishing license to fish from the ship (a foreign flagged ship)?

Not sure,but your gonna need plenty of line!

Cya Tuna Vic

Quote Originally Posted by TUNAVIC View Post
    Not sure,but your gonna need plenty of line!

Cya Tuna Vic
    lmao. Do they make a net or gaf that long............lol

LOL Ok, how about a serious answer. I don't want to loose this bet with hubby

If your fishing in the Territorial waters of the USA you will need the appropriate state license (resident or non resident).

Quote Originally Posted by DEVOREFLYER View Post
    If your fishing in the Territorial waters of the USA you will need the appropriate state license (resident or non resident).
    completly agree. We get mexican fishing permits on charter boats so Im sure the same would go for boats coming into our waters

Lots of Asians and Philippine shipmates. They catch mackerel and love them.
    No big deal. DR

i believe that the people on these boats are on foreign territory until they come through customs. they can be boarded by the coast guard but i dont know about california fish and game.

how bout when our military patrols other countries and offshore properties??? will their govmnt be pissy esp when there's 50calibers pointed in their direction.....??? stories of epic fishing abroad: diego garcia etc...

I went over the regs and it doesn't say.
    I think common sense would prevail.

My personal opinion would be, NO, you cannot fish without a California Fishing License.
    You need a California Drivers License to drive, even if you have foreign diplomat plates.

Robert
    <><
    Last edited by murrieta angler; 02-20-2015 at 09:12 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast