Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Jig Stick for overnight trips?

Phenix Abyss 909

Quote Originally Posted by BassinChef View Post
    Phenix Abyss 909
    I was comparing that rod at Young's Tackle, it felt like it had less backbone than the Calstar 900M which would be easier on me since its a 9 footer. I will take another look at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Marley View Post
    Love mine, great jig stick. I'm getting too old for the 9-foot kind I think, seems they have started to fight back. Those bigger yellows put some leverage on the big end too.
    Yeah. I agree, the casting distance is miniscule. The reason is that a seasoned thumb can get more yardage out of a jig than another foot on a rod. 9 foot rods get arms that are much more sore at the end of the day.

Quote Originally Posted by BabyKiller View Post
    Yeah. I agree, the casting distance is miniscule. The reason is that a seasoned thumb can get more yardage out of a jig than another foot on a rod. 9 foot rods get arms that are much more sore at the end of the day.
    I already have Calstar 800M & I can launch sardines great distances with my Saltist BG35. Its just that I'm not getting that distance with my surface jigs on that combo. I work out regularly so hopefully I can withstand the sore arms.

Good thread!!! Im looking for one too...this info will work perfect Thanks

Tony g

Quote Originally Posted by Fishingdachronarch201E7 View Post
    Good thread!!! Im looking for one too...this info will work perfect Thanks

Tony g
    Let us know what combo you end up getting!

So I ended up getting the Cousins F90J CT that will be paired with my Saltist BG35. This rod hardly hurts compared to all the other rods I pulled on. Now I just hope I actually catch something on it haha

WahbaM-
    so ended up picking up a cheapy ROD at the Fredhall show, they had the Okuma SARASOTA 7ft Rods on sale for 25 bucks and grabbed it, they went super fast! gonna pair it with a avet 2 speed MC cast reel...they said it would do the job....ill post pics once i get it, next couple weeks or so....

Tony G

Quote Originally Posted by Fishingdachronarch201E7 View Post
    WahbaM-
    so ended up picking up a cheapy ROD at the Fredhall show, they had the Okuma SARASOTA 7ft Rods on sale for 25 bucks and grabbed it, they went super fast! gonna pair it with a avet 2 speed MC cast reel...they said it would do the job....ill post pics once i get it, next couple weeks or so....

Tony G
    $25! What a deal! Sounds like a live bait rod, but I hope you catch a lot of fish with it! I started off with the Daiwa VIP 7 foot rod, I got it for free with my Saltist reel haha.

Quote Originally Posted by WAHBAM View Post
    So I ended up getting the Cousins F90J CT that will be paired with my Saltist BG35. This rod hardly hurts compared to all the other rods I pulled on. Now I just hope I actually catch something on it haha
    Awsome bro! If you end up pulling on something with it let us know how it handles. I haven't had a chance to pull on it yet, is it a graphite/glass mix or strictly graphite or glass or what?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast