Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Friday the 13th

Default Friday the 13th

Well Friday the 13th started as a good day. Met JDS13 at Perris at 7:00am for a little swimbait action. Beautiful day on the water with light winds and 59 degree water temp. Not 30 minutes had passed and James had one of his custom swimbaits snagged. Whipped out the lure retriever and not only did we retrieve it but up with it was a crankbait James lost last week. What are the odds of that happening.

Made a trip around the circuit and no love for the swimbaits and switched to crank baits. James has a custom color he paints them called the Perris Special or something like that. What ever it is, it works as my first fish was this 7 lb 3 oz toad.

We caught four more in the mid 3 lb range before I had to leave early to beat the weekend traffic. What should have been a 45 minute drive became over two hours. Seems that a police car chase and shooting on the 215 had the freeway completely shut down about 3 miles from my home and traffic was backed up for many miles.

Nice one DEVORE.

Nice toad. How deep?

Very nice!

Congrats that's a sweet fish!!

Quote Originally Posted by DEVOREFLYER View Post
    Well Friday the 13th started as a good day. Met JDS13 at Perris at 7:00am for a little swimbait action. Beautiful day on the water with light winds and 59 degree water temp. Not 30 minutes had passed and James had one of his custom swimbaits snagged. Whipped out the lure retriever and not only did we retrieve it but up with it was a crankbait James lost last week. What are the odds of that happening.

Very nice Dev!! That's a fatty for sure.

Is the lure retriever something new in your arsenal? :)
    I thought they didn't work!! Haha

Congrats to James too on getting his lures back!

Very nice catch! I need to invest in one of those retrievers myself.

What a toad! My 45 min commute to Hesperia from Rialto took 2-1/2 hours. Got stuck on Riverside ave headed towards Sierra/I-15N for almost 2 hours. I might need some therapy after that.

Great Job on the Fish !!! Seems the 13th brought a few crazy people today .. shoot out on the 215 @ 1:40 or so , then about 2:20 a guy walked into the chase bank off Fredrick St and tried to rob it , saying he had a bomb and that closed the streets off there for 5 hrs

Quote Originally Posted by SurfCityUSA View Post
    Nice toad. How deep?

15 foot deep crank bait.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast