Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: fred Hall show??

Default fred Hall show??

the start of the show is less than 3 weeks (and months LOL) away...anyone going and if so what will you be looking for
    Last edited by fishtacomag; 02-13-2015 at 01:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fishtacomag View Post
    the start of the show is less than 3 months away...anyone going and if so what will you be looking for
    you mean 3 weeks away...

3 weeks away for sure. And I want to see the Loomis e6x and OEM deckhand camps for the sxj lol. Also want to check out apparel

I'll definitely be looking for the Jack Daniels beverage refreshment area.

Are the Dock Dogs back? I love seeing those doggies jump.

DS do your pocket book a favor. Keep a bottle in your vehicle, buy a soda from the event. Take a break to drop off all your swag and reading material for use during your daily constitutionals. Make a drink. Go back in with official Fred Hall soda cup filled. Repeat as needed.

I'll be there, as always, front of the line Saturday morning.
    Last edited by seal; 02-13-2015 at 02:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by seal View Post
    DS do your pocket book a favor. Keep a bottle in your vehicle, buy a soda from the event. Take a break to drop off all your swag and reading material for use during your daily constitutionals. Make a drink. Go back in with official Fred Hall soda cup filled. Repeat as needed.
    Yeah, the only reason I go to the Jack Daniels area is to prevent security from realizing I brought my own fifth in my flask, and to get more ice. No need to exit and miss out on all the fun. What if I miss the presentation at the Berkely booth on what color PowerBait™ to use and when?

I'll be there on a weekday when the aisles don't look like the 405 at 5:30 pm. I like to treat this like ComicCon so I'll be the guy dressed like a trout.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    I like to treat this like ComicCon so I'll be the guy dressed like a trout.
    Rainbow sparkle smeared on your costume??

So I was a head on a Long Beach 1/2 day boat many moons ago. Back then the rumors were that the killer deals were no longer happening. Like the the pro packs of owner jig heads for a few bucks or insane blank deals were no longer around. Jumbo filler spools for dirt cheap, nope.

Is this true or can deals still be had? I have a retail acquaintance, that mentioned generally, retailers were getting bent that the attendees all expected to pay "cost" or lower on tackle. He watched folks playing bidding wars with various booths. He was like I am here to market my store, not loose my ***.

Where and on what are the biggest deals to be had?
    Last edited by Stinkbait; 02-13-2015 at 09:33 PM.

I am sure that is true for lots of the guys there. They have to pay some good $$ for there booth and for the people working the booth and the time involved so don't expect people to give stuff away. That being said, Turners always has some product at a real low price to get people in thier booth and booths like Baja Fish Gear, Jimmys--now Ketcham tackle and Bob Sands always have something at a great price. Just dont pay the rip off prices for beer and maybe car pool to save on parking and at the least you will have a good time

Quote Originally Posted by Stinkbait View Post

So I was a head on a Long Beach 1/2 day boat many moons ago. Back then the rumors were that the killer deals were no longer happening. Like the the pro packs of owner jig heads for a few bucks or insane blank deals were no longer around. Jumbo filler spools for dirt cheap, nope.

Is this true or can deals still be had? I have a retail acquaintance, that mentioned generally, retailers were getting bent that the attendees all expected to pay "cost" or lower on tackle. He watched folks playing bidding wars with various booths. He was like I am here to market my store, not loose my ***.

I disagree, the two 12' surf rods I got for $25ea and the penn 50SW for two and a quarter was a smoking deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Stinkbait View Post

It is not what it use to be that's for sure. It sounds like this year might be a turn around year per the hype from Bart Hall but we shall see, it's all economy driven of course.

To me it's much like I use to do for the ski season, go to ski dazzle or whatever it was called back then just to get all pumped up for the season and see new stuff. Many times better deals can be gotten somewhere else.
    Last edited by seal; 02-18-2015 at 09:21 AM.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast