Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tip For the OC Folks

Default Tip For the OC Folks

Saw folks hammering the trout at the three park lakes in HB. It was confirmed by the white Pelicans eating our license fees. ;) Have at it. I think they dumped mid week last week and maybe again this week.

They stocked Cerritos and Downey on wed. I went by Downey for a couple hours yesterday (fri). No bites.
    One guy had a rather large 2 - 3 lber on his stringer.
    DR

Stocked again.
    White pelicans eating from the stew pot again.

The cormorants and white Pelicans are something to behold.
    They are all 3 lbs over weight.

I wish something could be done about that. Saltwater birds are destroying our lakes.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning View Post
    I wish something could be done about that. Saltwater birds are destroying our lakes.
    Actually White Pelicans are native to freshwater lakes and inland waters. The Brown Pelicans are the ones that you see along the coast.. I agree that the pelicans are bad but the Cormorants are the worst.. I also agree that that these birds are destroying our freshwater fisheries. They hunt in packs diving down eating trout one after another.. They will eat ever trout in the lake and whatever ever other they can squeeze down their throats..
    Last edited by jerryG; 02-06-2015 at 10:51 PM.

A couple years ago I saw white pelicans all over a lake in Colorado.
    DR

Got pics of them at Convict Lake in the Sierras too.

The Pelicans were dip netting them all week here in OC with their gullets. Get after them.

When I was living on the Delta,we had a hoard of white pelicans show up one day.This is a dead end slough I lived on and when I went out 1st thing in the morning it was like a bird parade.They were in a line about 3 football fields long hundreds of them.The line would swim in to the dead end and when the 1st birds would have no room to go further they did an about face as did the whole parade and start in the other direction, they would go for a couple mins and turn around and start all over again.Lasted about an half hour they were not feeding just parading .Then they all flew off.If I remember right it was cold out, late winter early spring.Cheers .Riv...

Drove by the HB parks today, white pelicans a feasting = stocked.
    No need for a DFW schedule, I just look for white Pelicans and cormorants.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast