Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Unsuspecting mud hole 2/12

Default Unsuspecting mud hole 2/12

Fished Greer park yesterday from 3-5 and actually had a good day. Caught 7 brightly colored little stockers that I gave all away. All on green garlic powerbait with about a 6 in leader. Missed many more I think while they were swallowing the pb. They bit pretty decent because the pelicans weren't on them yet I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by bighuff View Post
    Fished Greer park yesterday from 3-5 and actually had a good day. Caught 7 brightly colored little stockers that I gave all away. All on green garlic powerbait with about a 6 in leader. Missed many more I think while they were swallowing the pb. They bit pretty decent because the pelicans weren't on them yet I believe.
    Glad you had a good time!!!! I like Greer, it just seems so out of place it's kinda fun.

Sounds like a pretty good day. glad to here that there are still some fish out there to catch with the light stocking.

side note technically catching and giving away 7 fish is illegal(5 fish limit) although I don't, nor would most people care. I don't fish for trout unless I head up old 395 where the trout are meant to live. as far as I'm concerned trout in lakes/ponds are just striper and LMB food .

Now this is funny you won't chastise the man over trout but if it where 3 large mouth from perris there would be a line to tar and feather this man.

If you can't understand most anglers view that LMB or any "native" or not routinely stocked fish are more important to conserve than the 9" stocked trout in your local duck pond, AKA bird feed, then we will never see eye to eye.

IMHO There is something more sacred about a fish that is hatched in the lake and grows for several years in its natural environment. I'm all for C&R of wild trout in mountain steams and lakes, just know there is no environmental harm in killing a few extra stocked city park trout. It's not fair to the other anglers who paid their license fees for DFG to plant fish there, but its not the end of the ecosystem. I don't approve of anyone breaking any-law, or disprove of anyone keeping fish I would prefer be released if they are within the limits. my beef is not with the angler but the rules that allow more than I believe they should. We all have our own opinions of where the lines should be drawn but the fact of the matter is the lines are already there. most people don't have a problem with everyone driving 5-10MPH over the speed limit, but would curse anyone who cuts them off while talking on the phone. both are illegal but one is perceived to be more wrong than the other.

This was not meant to high-jack his post or chastise anyone but to inform him that even if he gives his catch away he is still only allowed to "keep" 5 trout.
    I have never heard of anyone getting busted for doing what he did but the idea is to allow more people the opportunity to catch fish. What would someone say if he caught 100 trout and gave them to 50 different people? It doesn't affect me in anyway so maybe I should just keep my mouth shut.

I know you might have seen this coming bighuff, but I would still like to apologize for dragging your report through the mud.

It was good intel, and I am glad that there are fish to be caught, the rest of us are just grumpy we haven't been catching so good, or in my case fishing.
    I don't remember the last time I wet a line... Do they have meeting for Fishing Withdraw?

I need to join the fishing withdrawal anonymous as well.

On another note, good to hear we're getting hits at all the city lakes.
    Belvedere (east LA) got a good stocking last week. Saw some fat fish.. and many more tiny guys. found 2 players on pink power worms rigged 1/32 jighead.

Quote Originally Posted by youronecastshort View Post
    Now this is funny you won't chastise the man over trout but if it where 3 large mouth from perris there would be a line to tar and feather this man.
    yup....because those LMB are not stocked and if everyone took 5 per day Perris would be DEAD due to irresponsible/entitled/low IQ idiots coupled with unrelenting catastrophic fishing pressure. The fact that you don't see that boggles my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcrow View Post
    yup....because those LMB are not stocked and if everyone took 5 per day Perris would be DEAD due to irresponsible/entitled/low IQ idiots coupled with unrelenting catastrophic fishing pressure. The fact that you don't see that boggles my mind.
    Here is just a logic question. You can legally kill a certain amount of LMB per day at a lake such as Perris. (It's called your limit)
    So your calling the fishermen who would do that, irresponsible/entitled/low IQ idiots, but they are following the rules. So what your saying if it's true, "ISN'T THE REAL IDIOTS ARE THE ONES WHO MAKE THE RULES!!!!!!" If that's the case, shouldn't they change the rules?????????
    Last edited by etucker1959; 02-16-2015 at 09:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by etucker1959 View Post
    Here is just a logic question. You can legally kill a certain amount of LMB per day at a lake such as Perris. (It's called your limit)
    So your calling the fishermen who would do that, irresponsible/entitled/low IQ idiots, but they are following the rules. So what your saying if it's true, "ISN'T THE REAL IDIOTS ARE THE ONES WHO MAKE THE RULES!!!!!!" If that's the case, shouldn't they change the rules?????????
    Yes...that is exactly what I am saying. Just because something is legal does NOT mean it is ethical or practical by any sense of the imagination. Even you are smart enough to see that. If it was legal to slap people in the face, and you did it to someone, and when they asked you why you slapped them you replied that it was legal to do so, you would probably be in a coma shortly after.

See what I mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcrow View Post
    Yes...that is exactly what I am saying. Just because something is legal does NOT mean it is ethical or practical by any sense of the imagination. Even you are smart enough to see that. If it was legal to slap people in the face, and you did it to someone, and when they asked you why you slapped them you replied that it was legal to do so, you would probably be in a coma shortly after.

See what I mean?
    I'm a C&R kinda guy so you don't have to convince me about the positive aspects of not killing certain fish. I also believe many fish are our friends and not our diner!!!!! With that being said, "Just about every argument I've ever heard justifying killing a prized fish," the legal argument was used. For the ones who really wanted to argue the point, they will bring up the fact that the DFG knows what their doing and if the killing of those fish were detrimental to the lake, the DFG wouldn't allow it to happen. This is an old argument, but with things so tame around here, I guess I'll talk just about anything. THANKS TO CUTBAIT WITH HIS POLL!!!!!!!! lol
    Last edited by etucker1959; 02-16-2015 at 03:01 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast