Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2015 fish stocking reduced 40-50 percent

So what if places that can hold trout year round like the sierras went to a two fish limit and barbless hooks?

Quote Originally Posted by parkermann2 View Post
    So what if places that can hold trout year round like the sierras went to a two fish limit and barbless hooks?
    A number of places in the State have such restrictions and less. See it here under Special Regulations: https://nrm.dfg.ca.gov/FileHandler.a...D=76652&inline

And I have no problem with it at all.

Barbless hooks would not really help those that try to release small trout caught on powerbait or other baits that are usually swallowed by fish. It would need to be barbless, artificial with no scent which of course some bodies of water are designated as.

Barbless and artificals only separates the real fishermen from the wannabe's............

I hear ya, here at Lake casitas there's a 35 day quarantine, so I can only fish this lake. It would be nice if there was a standardization for all lakes, so we could fish any lake, based on a certified inspection sticker. I suggested to dfg if they implemented a computer program to show where all boats enter into any lake with a scanner that would scan a sticker on your boat, when paying your daily fee, would give a history on the boat, so if you entered a quagga infested water, you would require another inspection before entering that lake, I know eventually this mussel problem will become worse as time progresses.

Smitty ive seen dfg going downhill for over 50 years, with very little improvement, back when the limit for trout was 10, there were fish everywhere big and small, then some company in Oregon decided to litigate California and stop the trout stockings until dfg did a eir on all streams and lakes to see if in the past, these waters ever held native fish, and if so they would discontinue stocking at these waters. I lived in antelope valley for years, and fished big rock creek, little rock creek, upper and lower Tujunga creek, bouquet canyon creek all year long, and now they discontinued all stockings at these waters. I inquired about this, and the answer I got were Tujunga creek was because of the fire than ran through dirtied the water from the rains, littlerock creek because of the toad, including the lake also. Now to top that off, I read that a city park in simi valley has a small pond, that they stocked, until this eir bs was instituted and all well knowing that there never was any native trout in the impoundment, but spent the money anyway, amazing I say. I remember when trout unlimited formed, and that was to inhance waters for fisherman, because dfg did nothing to make an enjoyable fishing experience for the fisherman, the same goes for ducks unlimited, as well as quail unlimited. Further more speaking about the lakes ive pushed for years to allow xmas trees to be planted for structure, to increase the survivability of the fry after spawning, but dfg turned it down. It works at lake mead, that is fact. I could keep going on with this forever, I just don't see any changes coming our way.

They have done this time and time again. We need to join that fishing org that just started here in Calif. Strong are the many , weak are the few . Its time for us fishermen to join together . Only then will we has a loud voice in the matter

Aren't all the stocked fish also sterile? Even if they stocked some of the newly barren LA waters, there would never be a wild population develop. Even though there WAS a historically wild trout population on most all SoCal waters.

This happened to my beloved Hopper Canyon Creek, fires wiped out the fish, and there is not any plan to restock. Supposedly, they hope for some migrating steelhead to miraculously repopulate the water. Of course, downstream barriers make that more than likely impossible.

John
    Last edited by John Harper; 03-25-2015 at 11:16 AM.

Anybody heard anything about how the fish stocking will be in 2016? Are we dealing with the same set of conditions as last year?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123