Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2/10

Quote Originally Posted by HawgZWylde View Post
    We went out Tuesday and while running our trolling motor we stuck 17 fish mid depth to shallow. Did the same the prior Tuesday except we stuck over twenty between the two of us. That day was a money and gold day as we both stuck green carp and Smallies in the same depths. No need to fish deep, pre-spawn is on. Just wish the water would stain up a bit...
    Dam hawgz!...17...really?

Alright, I am dusting off the boat and getting out there this weekend. If you see me in my camo Ranger say hi.

i went back out on sunday and caught 3 fish again. all were good ones though in the 3.5-4lb range. all shallow in about 5-6ft. lots of fish and lots of getting my bait picked up and then nothing...thinking they were just mouthing it and moving it i guess...lots of swings and misses with out a bait when i reeled back in. i was throwing a flick shake, i couldn't get any takers on anything bigger.

you drop shotting it or just wacky weightless?

Hawgs,
    Where's the Tuesday report, damn it!

Quote Originally Posted by gogreeenz4 View Post
    you drop shotting it or just wacky weightless?
    i use the owner hooks and i think they are 1/8 oz. i was using a trick worm on it. if it wasn't for the decent size of the fish it would have sucked. i don't know why i struggle in the pre-spawn/early spawn so much...it is my worst time to fish, always has been. i guess what the fish are doing just doesn't compute in my head??
    Last edited by gcopple; 02-18-2015 at 12:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gcopple View Post
    i use the owner hooks and i think they are 1/8 oz. i was using a trick worm on it. if it wasn't for the decent size of the fish it would have sucked. i don't know why i struggle in the pre-spawn/early spawn so much...it is my worst time to fish, always has been. i guess what the fish are doing just doesn't compute in my head??
    Really? Wow we are just getting into my favorite time. I love prespawn

i loved it when i lived on the river and fished blythe, havasu, parker, martinez lake...but i just can't figure it out at DVL and perris...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12