Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2/10

Default 2/10

you guys wanted a review...here is one of a crappy day

caught 3 fish, 1 on a crank early and 2 later on drop shots. lots of fish action i saw shallow, water temp was in 64-65 range and it looks like things are about to get cooking. saw lots of fish paired up doing their mating rituals with all the rolling with each other and rubbing on rocks and stuff like that. the fish i caught were all pretty shallow 10ft-15ft and nice chunkers. crank bait fish was 3-13 and the other were both around 2lbs. i think fishing will get really good here soon. also, on my dropshot fish, as soon as i switched from a 4in worm to a 6in, i got those two bites, not sure if that had anything to do with it but it seemed almost instantly that i got those two fish and broke off another one when he got me in a tree.

i know not much help but i tried.

Thanks for the report,I've found when you can see the fish easily in the shallow water I like to stay just far enough away were I can't see them anymore and cast to the area their at.
    Seems like the closer you are the less they bite,unless thier guarding the bed,then it's a different story.

Cya Tuna Vic

Thanks for the report! Some is better than none...

I'm setting up in 20 ft of water and throwing as hard as I can into 60 ft of water and sticking quite a few 3-5#ers. Your not going to meter those fish and most likley won't get them with your trolling motor in action!

Quote Originally Posted by TUNAVIC View Post
    Thanks for the report,I've found when you can see the fish easily in the shallow water I like to stay just far enough away were I can't see them anymore and cast to the area their at.
    Seems like the closer you are the less they bite,unless thier guarding the bed,then it's a different story.

Cya Tuna Vic

we did lots of just driving and cruising, checking for things and just pitchin around when we saw something. i agree, if the fish can see you, especially at DVL, you are screwed.

Quote Originally Posted by noleash View Post
    I'm setting up in 20 ft of water and throwing as hard as I can into 60 ft of water and sticking quite a few 3-5#ers. Your not going to meter those fish and most likley won't get them with your trolling motor in action!
    funny you say that we did lots of just putting around and checking points for action but saw nothing, it looked really dead out deep. it is funny because you say you can't see them metering and we didn't...good to know there are still some deep.

We went out Tuesday and while running our trolling motor we stuck 17 fish mid depth to shallow. Did the same the prior Tuesday except we stuck over twenty between the two of us. That day was a money and gold day as we both stuck green carp and Smallies in the same depths. No need to fish deep, pre-spawn is on. Just wish the water would stain up a bit...

gcopple,

Thanks for taking the time to post your report. Every little bite of info helps. What worked and what didn't.

I shopped by Last Chance last week and talked with Matt. I asked him how DVL was doing and he said the bite was pretty good, that it was prespawn. I asked him if he was getting his fish on the D/S with smaller worms. He said no, TX Rigged 7"-8" worms, ("give 'em something to eat"), or on Jigs in 30'-40' of water. He said there are fish up shallow; but they are tuff to get to bite. Now all you have to do is figure out what color he told me they were on!
    Last edited by BassinPLS; 02-12-2015 at 09:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by HawgZWylde View Post
    We went out Tuesday and while running our trolling motor we stuck 17 fish mid depth to shallow. Did the same the prior Tuesday except we stuck over twenty between the two of us. That day was a money and gold day as we both stuck green carp and Smallies in the same depths. No need to fish deep, pre-spawn is on. Just wish the water would stain up a bit...
    NAILED IT!!! I pray that bloom comes in heavy!

Quote Originally Posted by gogreeenz4 View Post
    NAILED IT!!! I pray that bloom comes in heavy!
    It can't get here soon enough. Lol, I've got blades to break dude...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast