Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: California Fishermen Land Court Ruling

Quote Originally Posted by JS_ View Post
    OK..I stand corrected in the "civil liberties", since it wouldn't be classified a Bill of Rights verbiage...I was in the bottom of the third inning with Johnny Walker, so wasn't particularly clear when sending...yikes....Otherwise, all is accurate....We are being tested on the "Calif State Constitution, Art.I, Sec 25", etc. and will need to continue all legal means. My $'s will be going to this cause.
    My initial reply to you stands. This is not an Article 1, Section 25 issue. And I've made quite clear my support of the Appellate Court's decision in this case.

Quote Originally Posted by JS_ View Post
    Do you actively fish or work for the DFW?
    Yes and no.

You got to love how the commies on this site try to defend the DFG and their wacko environmental agenda…

Quote Originally Posted by fly addict View Post
    You got to love how the commies on this site try to defend the DFG and their wacko environmental agenda…

Quote Originally Posted by HawgZWylde View Post
    Hence why they are now called the "department of fish and wildlife" and not department of fish and game...
    Right, except you fail to mention that the name change was opposed by the Department. It was a lawmaker who sided with Jennifer Fearing, who heads the state's HSUS chapter, and is personal friends with Moonbeam. That is where the name change occurred. You make it sound like the DFW did this on their own to reflect some new anti hunter/ Fisher agenda. Public enemy number 1 is Jennifer Fearing and her group. Not DFW. Stop buying into the hype that these newsgroups and reporters exaggerate about. They're trying to get readers, so they write these extreme fluff pieces. Do you really think the DFW wants to stop most fishing and hunting and cut their own throats? Geez people. Think for a change! Many of these things the DFW has to act on are from lawsuits from public enemy 2a, the Center for Biological Diversity. They're the ones who sued to end trout stocking. And guess what. The DFW fought them in court and won! So, please, enough with the nonsense already.

See below. Sorry. I screwed up...
    Last edited by RTG; 03-27-2015 at 01:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by seal View Post
    Ok I don't have time to dig into every link you posted Quagga but I will highlight this re: the "decision species". If I am incorrect let me know but these are a few that have not been designated as endangered by the State or the Feds. yet are being identified as "decision species".

Common Garter Snake
    Mountain Garter Snake
    Sierra (Western Aquatic) Garter
    Northwestern Salamander
    Long-toed salamander
    California Giant Salamander

Garter snakes? Well gee how many areas that plant trout have garter snakes as residents? Why include any species that are not endangered Federally or by the State as decision species? No matter whether they included only a small percentage of non endangered species the question is why include any? I'm sure the answer is somehow explained in all that DFG B.S. if you know what that explanation is please post it Quagga, for me to go thru it all will only raise my blood pressure and I'd have to double up on my pills for the day.

But wait there's more. Also listed are the Bald Eagle and Osprey. They are on some kind of a state list of endangered species but really does this make any freaking sense? If they are endangered and we are taking away a prime food source potentially how does that help them? I know they are probably claiming pollution/heavy metals or something that might cause the birds harm although trout are one of the species that are normally fairly low in Mercury and pcb's.
    There are garter snakes at Silverwood. I've seen them. FYI.

So RTG you see know infiltration of the DFG from environmentalist movement focused type individuals? That has no validity? There's no chance that at the upper levels of the department that appointees are focused mainly on other priorities and are trying to change the "face" of the DFG?

I agree that the majority of worker b's at the DFG still have a focus on enhancing and protecting hunting and fishing opportunities but how long will that last? Moonbeam and other of California's elected officials I'm sure would like nothing better than to change the focus and purpose of the DFG and if you don't believe that well then you are going to be in for a rude awakening I think.
    Last edited by seal; 03-27-2015 at 01:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RTG View Post
    There are garter snakes at Silverwood. I've seen them. FYI.
    Wait did I say they weren't there? Of course they are there they are freaking everywhere!

So RTG you see know infiltration of the DFG from environmentalist movement focused type individuals? That has no validity? There's no chance that at the upper levels of the department that appointees are focused mainly on other priorities and are trying to change the "face" of the DFG?

I agree that the majority of worker b's at the DFG still have a focus on enhancing and protecting hunting and fishing opportunities but how long will that last? Moonbeam and other of California's elected officials I'm sure would like nothing better than to change the focus and purpose of the DFG and if you don't believe that well then you are going to be in for a rude awakening I think.
    I respect your opinion, but I think I have a pretty good knowledge of what goes on at the DFW. And Jennifer Fearing is not part of the DFW. She works for HSUS. She hasn't infiltrated the Department. Maybe the governed though. She walks his dogs.

Wait did I say they weren't there? Of course they are there they are freaking everywhere!
    You asked in your post what trout stock areas had garter snakes. I just named one. That's all.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345