Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: High Waters & Slow Fishing

Default High Waters & Slow Fishing

My pal John and I were the first boat on the water today. I caught one 2-3# striper right off on a 4" swim bait. That was it and we were off the water around noon.

I do want to mention to all of the boaters on Skinner. With the high water, there is a lot of heavy trash floating just under the surface. We just missed a full park table that was floating out in the middle of the lake. If we would have hit it, I would be on the internet ordering a new lower end and prop.
    We towed it to the second point from the dam on the south side of the lake.

Be careful out there

Thanks for the heads up!

Is Skinner at full pool now?

Quote Originally Posted by HawgZWylde View Post
    Is Skinner at full pool now?
    Yes, It's at full pool. Yesterday I was waiting for Pat to head north up the inlet.

Pat couldn't make it , he was out looking for some skunk remover from Tuesday .
    Your right I was out there on Monday evening thinking the warmer weather might turn the bite on but all I got was a few rays and a good boat ride , I actually had the whole lake to my self but now I know why .
    Petsmarts must be making a grip off skunk remover.
    Last edited by Askwhy; 02-11-2015 at 01:39 PM.

How they fill the lake up so quick

They stopped taking out water .

Heard through the grapevine, Skinner was stocked with trout last Thursday. Anyone have any truth to the matter?

Quote Originally Posted by sweetfish View Post
    Heard through the grapevine, Skinner was stocked with trout last Thursday. Anyone have any truth to the matter?
    As of Tuesday, there hasn't been a trout stocking in several years.

According to the rangers as of today the plant is still tied up in paperwork. ETA unknown at this time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast