Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: SARL Report 2/7/2015

Default SARL Report 2/7/2015

Another good day on the lake!
    Left my house 4:00am with a foggy climate so i was expecting a foggy gloomy day until the 7am sun came out to play and i am over here dressed in warm clothes. you have to love california weather

Set up at la palma point in the big lake! Started the day throwing out my usual pink & white mice tail set up on one rod and Spring green powerbait on the other for no love at all. The fish did not want to bite anything that was just sitting there it seems like they wanted reaction baits so i am guessing that the fish were pretty active this morning.after waiting & waiting nothing has touched my bait & wait rods no bobbers up this time, i did not get hit once so i Got my jig stick and hooked up a split shot LGE red worm & that seemed to the job for me. I was able to land 4 trout 1 shy from my limit and missed about 3 short strikes , There is no better adrenaline than feeling a fish strike your jig. Good day on the water and i really had to work for them

Powerbait & Mice tails = 0
    LGE split shot red worm = 4

The best fishing partner anyone can have! My Pops

My weapons of choice

The Victims
    Last edited by Mr T-rex; 02-09-2015 at 12:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr T-rex View Post
    Another good day on the lake!
    Left my house 4:00am with a foggy climate so i was expecting a foggy gloomy day until the 7am sun came out to play and i am over here dressed in warm clothes. you have to love california weather

Started the day throwing out my usual pink & white mice tail set up on one rod and Spring green powerbait on the other for no love at all. The fish did not want to bite anything that was just sitting there it seems like they wanted reaction baits so i am guessing that the fish were pretty active this morning.after waiting & waiting nothing has touched my bait & wait rods no bobbers up this time, i did not get hit once so i Got my jig stick and hooked up a split shot LGE red worm & that seemed to the job for me. I was able to land 4 trout 1 shy from my limit and missed about 3 short strikes , There is no better adrenaline than feeling a fish strike your jig. Good day on the water and i really had to work for them

Powerbait & Mice tails = 0
    LGE split shot red worm = 4

The best fishing partner anyone can have! My Pops

My weapons of choice

The Victims
    Nice catch!!! Were you fishing in the big lake or Chris's pond?????

Dude is that a golden trout?!

thank you and sorry i forgot to mention where i was fishing lol i set up at la palma point in the big lake.

Quote Originally Posted by etucker1959 View Post
    Nice catch!!! Were you fishing in the big lake or Chris's pond?????

Lightning trout they stock them at SARL
    Pretty cool seeing them cruise the shore chasing your jig and even better on the grill

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    Dude is that a golden trout?!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr T-rex View Post
    Lightning trout they stock them at SARL
    Pretty cool seeing them cruise the shore chasing your jig...
    Do they make Glow in the Dark ones? THOSE would be awesome. Imagine the night fishing!!

WTG Mr T-Rex, sounds like you have that lake dialed in....good job again!

Thank you. I try my best
    The hardest part is finding out what the fish are biting on that day because the fish are in there waiting for the right presentation

Quote Originally Posted by Fishingdachronarch201E7 View Post
    WTG Mr T-Rex, sounds like you have that lake dialed in....good job again!

Nice going on the fish T-Rex, sounds like a great day to me!

TD

Thank you bud it was indeed a good day
    Thanks for the read
    Quote Originally Posted by troutdog View Post
    Nice going on the fish T-Rex, sounds like a great day to me!

TD