Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2/7/15 Epic spottie fishing in San Diego

Default 2/7/15 Epic spottie fishing in San Diego

Hey guys, went down to San Diego to visit my Grandparents so of course a little fishing was included. My dad and I went out to Spanish Landing to catch some spotties. We have had good luck here before so we had some high expectations.I was fishing various colors of big hammers 3 inch and my dad was using Gulp 3inch minnow. Four casts in I hook up. When I hook up I can tell it's not real large but hey it a spottie on 4th cast. Then my dad gets the next 2 spotties. I catch the last 2 spotties at Spanish Landing for a total of 5 there. We drive a little ways to visit my uncle and he let us on the slips. (He works at marine max). I was able to get one spottie here but it was slow so we moved to one of our favorite spots. We got to our favorite corner and began fishing. First cast i get a short Halibut. AWESOME! The the spotties just kept rolling in with bait busting everywhere. We ended up with 15 spotties and one hali. I had 9 fish my father had 7. Yes, another victory!! Thanks guys and I hope you enjoy the report!

http://imgur.com/vNEvxV5,sjmhrB2,Tf5...s8qM7O,21TIag6

Very cool! Sounds like you hit em pretty hard. Great session!

Congrats!
    Don

Very cool,you and your Pop did very well,thanks for the pics and Report!

Cya Tuna Vic

Quote Originally Posted by bachiboy View Post
    Very cool! Sounds like you hit em pretty hard. Great session!

Congrats!
    Don
    Thanks Don, we did put a whooping on the fish!

Quote Originally Posted by TUNAVIC View Post
    Very cool,you and your Pop did very well,thanks for the pics and Report!

Cya Tuna Vic
    No problem, look forward to more reports!

That's a lot of Spotties. WTG
    DR

Awesome stuff dude. True to your name. So I gotta know, between LA Harbor spotties + LAB spotties and SD Spotties which fight harder?

WTG Spottie...I'm convinced there are places in San Diego bay where there are spotties every foot or so in every direction...

Quote Originally Posted by DockRat View Post
    That's a lot of Spotties. WTG
    DR
    Thanks Dockrat. We had lots of fun that day.

Quote Originally Posted by Ifishtoolittle View Post
    Awesome stuff dude. True to your name. So I gotta know, between LA Harbor spotties + LAB spotties and SD Spotties which fight harder?
    To be honest I think LA Harbor spotties fight the hardest but SD gives you the most head shakes.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast